Chapter 1: second grade

Hi, my name is Hailey Lee, I'm currently a sophomore in high school. It's really boring I wouldn't recommend wanting to growing up, it's kind of difficult. Your body is tired, you mind is working harder, your bones crack and snap on and off demand. It's like your body is getting ready to work so hard, and just shut down. It's like machines say if the machine gets to hot or the batteries die it just cuts off. That's how you could explain it.
Being my age this should be the peak of life. Where you should be crazy, daring, and happy. But if you're like me that's not the case. I've learned I'm not like other normal hormone filled teens. My body says sixteen but my mind says twenty. It's like I think as an adult. I shouldn't feel like this right? I don't have a job to pay bills, I can't pay bills without a house or car, I can't have a house or car without a job. It's a continuous cycle that never ends. I guess you could say I had to grow up fast, I had to be able to protect myself physically and emotionally. After my second year in elementary that was the last year my childhood was a thing. It's sad, isn't it. To here this from a person. But my explanations are greatly reasonable. Shall I share them with you?
Back in second grade, I was a lightly tanned girl. Who's curly hair was tied back into a ponytail everyday. My dark boring brown eyes scanning everything in my new school. My side tooth and one molar that were taking by the tooth fair. "Welcome back from summer everyone, it looks like we have a new student. Honey could you come introduce yourself?" I hated presentations, especially ones where I had to talk about myself.
I didn't want to go up there, rushes of anxiety came over me. What if I said something the other kids didn't like? What if they don't like me? What if they make fun of me? What if I stuttered? My life has been filled with what ifs. It was in command of the what ifs.
I walked up to the front of the room very quietly. I kept my head down so other couldn't see my face that was filled with nervousness. "Hi, my name is hailey. I moved down here from Nacogdoches, Texas," when I said that the kids stared at me in confusion, some of them would whisper to the others. I knew they were talking about it. Yet I continued on with introducing myself. "My birthday is in November on the twenty-second, I also do gymnastics." I said and walked away from the front and came to my seat that was on the second row to the left.
Around lunch I didn't know where to sit. I made one friend that day, Autumn Woods. She was taller then me, she has blonde hair and Greyish blue eyes. I was the fifth in line for lunch, I walked in the line and saw the kids before me just grabbing a plate. They had two choices and I picked the one that looked the most appetizing. I put in my code to get the lunch. Then I walked out the door, I saw all the other grades. I again walked with my head down not wanting to be noticed. "Hailey!" Was what I heard, it was autumn she was calling me, and was waving me over toward she was sitting. There was another girl, she was black, her hair in four big braids. Her name was jarnhae Cunningham. She is a really funny girl, she could tell jokes on for hours and you would laugh so much that you had to hold your stomach in pain.
     After lunch we would sit, wait, and learned about every subject until recess. Recess was fun I guess. I mean I played my first game of kick ball. Back in my hometown we never played something this odd. Ball was made of rubber and air, most of the time it was red. The pitcher would roll, not throw but, roll the ball toward you. You would scoot back a bit and try your best to kick the ball far out. If they caught it, you're out. If it landed on the ground you would run like how you would in baseball. If they hit you anywhere on your body your out. But, if they were to hit your head or face you could keep running and running. 
     After that day I was known as one of the best at kickball in the school. That day was filled with nervousness, amazing things, and fun times. I dreaded the ride home, it was either peaceful, or World War II  is beginning again.