Prologue.

Remember me?

He cursed under his breath as he saw i had made it through. I glared at him before leaving. He didn’t care anymore and I accepted that, but it didn’t make it any easier for me. I stepped forward and smiled happily at them before being signalled on my way. The whole experience felt very dark, like something you witnessed in a nightmare, and it wasn’t something you should tell all your friends about, as it’s something that you wouldn’t expect from such a lovely place like the X Factor experience. Here I am, here trying to retrieve my best friend back, something I know I’ll do, and he better believe it.

My name is Lauren Harding and I’m 16 years old. People used to say I was popular, but once he left my life, everyone else did too. We were friends since junior school, and I couldn’t spend a day without seeing his bouncing curly hair and his piercing green eyes. He was like a brother to me, we spent every day together, and I couldn’t cope without him.

That was until the day he changed.

Who knew someone could change so quickly, and turn into such a hypocrite. He showed no remorse as he slowly drifted away from my life, and turned into my worst nightmare. The days I suffered from the loss of a friend, and the fact that I didn’t know who I was without him. He didn’t care anymore, but I thought considering our lifelong friendship he would somehow show mercy on me, but no. He didn’t show any gratitude towards me anymore. It was like he didn’t know me at all, it was like he hadn’t ever talked to me or even shared a comon interest with me, and it appeared that he shared a general dislike for me like all the other people in our school.

The bruises may not show, but they are there. He didn’t care, he didn’t even say goodbye before leaving me on my own.  What had I done to lose his support and safety? The only person, who knew what I had done, was Harry himself.

Now though, it was time for me to get payback.

This type of payback would not only hurt him; it would embarrass him in front of the entire nation, and make him look a fool in front of his friends. I made a promise that I would win the X Factor competition, and take away the one prize he ever desired.

The only problem in my master plan?

I would always be undyingly in love with him.