Last Words By Amai_Darin86

Once upon a time, there was a maid whose name was Aria. She worked in a mansion owned by a rich man named Azure.  Aria started working for this man since she was only ten. The mansion was originally occupied by the man’s family. He was only twelve years old when he first acquired Aria as his personal maid. Sir Azure is from a noble duke family and is currently the prominent Grand Duke of Morganda, a country in harmony. He is the protector but most people call him the Guard Dog of the Queen. Sir Azure is always looking for new ways to enhance Morganda. He has earned the love of his Queen. Poor Aria too fell for Sir Azure but she can’t confess or give him any hints for she is just a maid and the Queen warned her to never tell her feelings .  Aria came to believe that what she felt for the man was an illusion and that she had to move on. Nine years pass, and not once has he looked at her the same way she did for him. When the yearly ration came along, she shared most of her food to him and always lied about her health. 

                      A war broke out in early May. Sir Azure was ordered to go to the castle and protect her majesty.

            “I do not know when I feel return, maybe after the war end, but you must be safe and stay here,” was the last thing Sir Azure told Aria before he left.

           Aria spent her days cleaning the house and she ate the food that the Royal Order gave. She sent many letters to the Sir but her letters were never answered.  One day, the knights from the opposing side captured her and blackmailed her.  They forced her to spit out everything she knew. The knights knew that she was the maid to the Grand Duke and that maybe she knew about the Royal Order’s plan against them.  Aria knows all of Sir Azure tactics and strategies that she has come to think like him. She gave the opposing side false information and led them straight to all the possible traps she knew that the Grand Duke may have set out for the enemy. She was right and almost all of them were captured. When the enemy’s general found out that she was lying, he killed her and send a rouge assassin to kill the Queen.  In the Royal garden,the Queen was walking, humming “Fairy Bridge is Falling Down”. Then suddenly, she heard someone singing.

Morganda is falling down falling down falling down

Morganda is falling down my fair lady

          Then at the last verse, the assassin showed himself and backstabbed the Queen. He sang “Murder the queen and rebuild Morganda”. He left leaving the queen bleeding to death. As she bled she saw Aria stretching out her hand. The Queen took Aria’s hand and they both walk up to heaven.

“Why are you here?” she asked Aria.

In a quiet voice, she replied “to take you home.”

         Sir Azure was looking frantically for the Queen. Then he saw her lying near the rose bushes. He walked over to her and saw her dead. Next to her was his maid’s apron. Because of the cloth, he thought it was her who killed the Queen. The war was slowly coming to an end thank to good luck and miracles. The next day he came home to look for Aria. He searched everywhere but couldn’t find her. He rode back to the castle. On January the fifth, Morganda finally won and they took the General in for questioning. It turns out that the enemies were peasants and that they were revolting. Morganda, the so called “country in harmony” was actually a corrupted country. The peasants found out about the Queen’s affairs and they were angered by it and would not stand for it. The judge sentenced the peasants to life in prison but the general to be headed. Before the Sir Azure left, the general told him where his base was and to read the letter on the table in the cell once he was there. The general’s last words before he was killed were “It wasn’t a miracle or good luck, but it was help from a simple household maid.”

      Then he left and went toward the direction the general said the base was. He knew it might have been a trap but he went anyway. He arrived at the destination and looked inside. He searched everywhere to find the letter. When he finally went down into the basement, there she was. He saw Aria cuffed to the wall. She was no longer alive. Sir Azure felt a sudden pain in his chest. He felt like he lost something or someone very important to him. He walked over to a table that was beside her and held up the letter. It said to my Master:

             Ever since I first saw you, I thought you were snobbish and a fool. However over time I have come to love you. You are not the only one that loves this country. I do too and I will gladly die for it. I am sorry you have to see me like this. Remember, when we got lost in the woods and how you held my hands when I got scared. Remember, those days when we were young and didn’t have to work or anything. Time pass by so fast. All those nights dreaming how nice it would be for you and me to have a family, but it was just too silly for me to think that way. I know this isn’t the best way to tell someone how you feel and I know it’s too late, but will you please answer me?

             Can I still love you? Can I continue to think about you? Is it okay for me to say your name?  Sir, did I make you proud? Are you finally looking at me? I told them where to go. See! That’s how much I know you!  Azure, do you remember that tree that we planted together in the garden? Well, in front of that tree I want to bury my broken heart and soul there. Can you do at least that for me?

                                                                          Azure, Goodbye forever, I love you.

                                                                                                                        ———Morgiana Aria   

       “Yes…You can. I will do what you asked. I love you too.” Tears rolled from his eyes as he read the letter and held her in his arms.

           A proper funeral was held for the Queen and Aria a week after that. Aria was buried where she wanted. The Grand Duke became the new king of Morganda and a statue was built in Aria’s bravery. Sir Azure demolished his mansion and put the statue there.  The King lived most of his life in happiness. The kingdom turned out the way he wanted all along. When it was finally time for him to go, he saw Aria once again and she led him back to their childhood days.

Azure last words were “I’ve been waiting for you.”

                Author’s Note:

  (please do not steal this story of mine in any way. if you want to use it just message me and remember to credit me)