Calm

A singular kayak on an infinitely still lake. The glass surface of the water reflecting the perfectly fluffy clouds and the baby blue sky back up at the heavens. Birds singing softly in the deep green trees surrounding, an expanse of forest stretching to the horizon until the trees themselves shake hands with the sky. The kayak, poised gently on the glass, inflicting no impurities on the surface it sits upon. The intense hues of red and orange that decorate the craft make it the sun on the lake. Fire and water meet with an ever gentle kiss. Eagles fly above, majestically as the heavens and earth meet. Time stretches on into eternity, yet it is of no consequence. The sun's colors leak into the sky as it sets. Vibrant yellows and oranges and deep reds set the world on fire, if only for a moment. And swiftly the navy blues and blacks of night come upon the fire and cover the world in a blanket of darkness. Soon the bright whites of stars can be seen as they follow the bold moon to gaze in the mirror. They look down on the lake and gaze into its depths, the Stars laugh at the sight of them, as they are ever vain creatures. The kayak sits, watching their gaiety. The stars, after noticing the lone kayak bring out bright streamers of brilliant blues and pinks and vibrant greens and soft purples. They dance across the heavens, weaving color and light together in an mystical cloud of joy. They dive down into the water, dancing between the fish, coloring their scales with light. Endlessly the stars will dance, but as sleep takes the kayak, they move on to let it rest, leaving the painted trout as a reminder of their cosmic dance.