My childhood sweetheart

My Childhood Sweetheart

Nicky

Do you believe in fairytales? Well, for a boy who would not stop moving, or always get involved with drums and soccer, I don't really care about prince and princess stories, of happy endings.  

But, this one girl had made me believe. This one girl had proven to me how a fairytale love could happen in real life.  

And yeah, it wasn't easy.

It all started when I looked out of the window that day, when the Ahern's family moved in. 

They have just arrived in the house next to my house, and were moving their stuffs off of the truck to the house. Nothing had really attracted me, but the little girl on that family, I don't know.  

She has wonderful grey eyes and puffy cheeks that blush. Her hair was light brown. The first days of their move in, I still looked out of my bedroom window to see that girl went out every afternoon. She's out just a glance, just to water her flowers and went back again. But secretly, I've always fallen in love with the angel next door. 

I'd tell my mom there's a beautiful angel living next door, but she'd only smile.  

But until that night, when the Ahern's invited us for a dinner, I've never known that the angel I knew was even prettier then I expected.  

I remembered sitting in front of her for the dinner, breathing so hard. I said nothing, she said nothing. We sat in silence, which was thrilling. Until Mrs. Ahern brought my mom and dad around the house with my sisters, we were left behind together.  

"You planted roses?" I tried to start a conversation. 

"Yep. I love flowers."  

Her voice was as smooth as wind, so beautiful, so graceful.  

"We have sunflowers too. Would you like to see them?" she asked. 

"Sure, that'll be fun." 

"But it's night, already. If you come early in the morning tomorrow, we can see them in their most beautiful sides." 

"Sure, I'll be here tomorrow early." 

When we left the Ahern's, I turned back to see that girl again. To see her eyes, her smile, everything in her.  

"Um," I called out. "What's your name?" 

"Call me Gina. And you?" 

"Nicholas Byrne." 

"Can I call you Nico?" 

"Yeah, that's great too. Be here tomorrow!" 

"Be here tomorrow. Early!"

And you'll never know, you'll just never know, how crazy I am.

The next thing I know, I was there in the Ahern's very early in the morning the next day. The sun was only peeking a little bit between massive of white clouds. And my angel have woken up, doesn't even look as sleepy as I am, shining even brighter.  

And suddenly, I throw away all my thoughts of curling back up again on my bed.  

We had a little trip up the hill behind our houses. She brought me to a little garden, just a little one, fenced with white painted wood. The inside was only sunflowers, tall and bright yellow.  

"Beautiful." I told her. 

"My dad planted them, but sometimes I helped him out." 

Gina took out a watering can and filled it up with water. Her adorable eyes looked even more beautiful under sunshine.