Life's too short...

She looked in the mirror and wondered how all of this could happen. How a life with so much joy and happiness could turn into a life of misery, sadness, and loneliness. She began to cry, and reminisce. She missed them so much, and prayed to God to bring the two most important people in her life back to her, but she knew that just wasn't possible. They were gone forever…

It was early March in the year 2010. It was warm outside and the sky was clear. Brianna Nicole, 17 year old Mother of Naomi Nicole who was three, decided it was the perfect day to take her little princess to the park. Brianna was about 5’3 and very slim. Her skin was tan and she had long black hair, with beautiful light brown eyes. Naomi, much like her mother, had long black hair that was to the middle of her back. She was about 3 feet tall and was nice and healthy just like her parents.

“Look at how high I’m going mommy! Do you see?! Look at me mommy!” Naomi shouted swinging high in the air.

“I see mamas, good job!” Brianna said looking up from her phone smiling.

The park was about fifteen minutes from Brianna’s mother’s house in Concord where they lived. The park wasn’t the best in the neighborhood, but it was Naomi’s favorite. It had a small, light tan and green play structure placed on sand. In front of the play structure were four swings: two for regular sized kids, and two for babies or toddlers. Naomi liked the “big kid” swings though.

Towards the back of the park was a large open grass field where soccer teams came and practiced every Saturday. Behind that was an elementary school named “Cambridge Elementary”.

Sounds of children running and laughing, and continuous whistle blowing from the soccer practice surrounded Brianna. She could hear Naomi laughing and screaming with joy as she swung high in the air on the swing. All of sudden the laughing and screaming stopped. Brianna looked up and saw Naomi face down in the sand. She immediately jumped from the bench where she was sitting and ran to her.

“Oh my goodness baby, are you okay?! Look at me, are you hurt?!” Brianna asked impatiently and worried.  

Naomi looked up at her Mother, dusted the sand off of her light pink Dora the Explorer jacket, and excitedly exclaimed: “That..Was..AWESOME! Did you see that?! I gotta’ do that again!”

Brianna sighed with relief. “You’ve gotta be more careful mami, you scared me!”

“I’m a big girl mommy, and big girls don’t cry, remember?” Naomi said smiling at her Mom.

Brianna looked at Naomi and hugged her. “Go play for a couple more minutes, I’m going to call daddy, kay?”

“Okay!” Naomi said running to the play structure.

Brianna’s phone rang. She looked at it and saw a picture of her fiancé Jacob. Jacob was 17 just like Brianna. He was tall with curly waves and slim with semi-large biceps. He didn’t live with Brianna and Naomi, but they we’re working on getting a place of their own soon. Though he didn’t live with them he literally spent every minute he could with them. They were his life.

“Helloooo?” She said joyfully answering her phone.

“Hello, Ma’am? Did shoo order aye large burger and a medium fry?” Jacob said in a Mexican accent.

“Nooo, I ordered a small fry” Brianna replied grinning in a Latina accent.

“Oh, my bad.” He said sarcastically. “Well, what are you doing ma?”

“Oh nothing, just at the park with Omi. What are you doing?”

“Nothing, just got off of work. Wanna’ get some ice cream?”