Rejection.

A/N-
hiii so its currently august in 2018 and I am active and shit, I wrote this story a while ago and the grammar and Shit was bad but I don't hate this story so I for now am going to unpublish the unedited chapters and then publish them as I re-edit them! Thank you <3

"This is stupid." Marinette mumbled as she placed the blood stained blade on the floor. She stared at it and thought such horrendous thoughts that one has ever thought.
"I wish that I was a blade." She added on. It couldn't feel and couldn't care. Of course it was a non-expressing object, but it sounded like a good life to Marinette. Marinette gripped it in her hand tightly and whispered, "You're good enough for me." Yes she was talking to a blade but, who else was there to talk to? Her parents? Her friends? Yeah sure, like Marinette would ever want to bore them with her problems. The blade had  many things Marinette didn't. A purpose, a thick layer and something she's been longing the most-the ability to be good enough. Marinette isn't good enough, and with Chloe and her teasing she definitely knows that now. Not for her friends, not for Chat, not for Adrien, and most definitely not for Paris. Today at 3:55 to be precise Marinette Dupain Cheng did what Alya, Tikki, Nino, and even her Maman wanted her to do. She got up the courage to ask out Adrien. Of course she knew Adrien would reject her, she just didn't expect it to hurt as much as much as it did. But this was life. Painful misery. Obviously it's not Adrien's fault, the cutting -although he could've been a tad bit less cruel. It wasn't her fault either, she was addicted and she couldn't stop. Cutting was relieving to her. It wasn't the first time she'd cut and it definitely wouldn't be the last.
**TRIGGER WARNING//SELF HARM**
Marinette grabbed the blade and began to slice a thin line on her arm as she watched her kwami rested on her desk through the trap door, boy was Tikki so wrong. She definitely wasn't that 'Chosen One' bullshit, she wasn't worth it. She groaned as she made another slice deeper this time. Breathing heavily in satisfaction as she began to carve the words, "I'm not good enough" on her fragil, pale arm. **TRIGGER WARNING OVER**      
Adrien felt terrible, no he felt horrible- which ever one was worse. There was this sweet, kind beautiful girl in his class who had asked him out and he had lashed her, just because he was in a bad mood from being rejected by ladybug. [Yesterday] Chat smiled as he jumped behind his lady, holding a bouquet of dandelions, because roses were too cliche. "Hey there bugaboo." He whispered cooingly in her ear. She jumped startled, and slightly annoyed. "Jesus Chat don't sneak up on me like that! You know how clumsy I am."             "Well you are my clumsy girl." She rolled her eyes again and sighed. I smirked as I pulled the flowers from behind my back. "A gift for the finest ladybug in all of Paris, in return for a kiss of course!" She rolled her eyes again and gently pushed the flowers away. "I'm sorry Chat, but you know I can't." She sighs. "Even if I could return those feelings, which I can't- we can never be together. We can never know who's under each other's masks." She cut me off before I could say anything. "How could you like me if you don't even know me? I'm sorry I have to go!" She says in a slightly angered tone as she tosses her yo-yo on a building. "Bug out!"And then she was gone. I was left all alone with my newly raging anger and my thoughts.
-[Earlier Today]-
"H-Hi Adrien, I-I was wondering if maybe you'd l-like to go out with m"-Before Marinette could respond I cut her off, annoyed as I sighed. "listen, I'm sorry but I like someone else jeez? What also confuses me is that you barely fucking talk to me Marinette! How can you like me if you barely even know me?!" My voice stung with anger as Chloe laughs as she walks by, "Who knew Mari-Trash was another one of your wimpy fan-girls." I bit my lip as I realized my voice came out really harsh. "W-wait!" I blink to see Marinette who looks like she's about to start sobbing, while everyone else in the classroom stares at me disgust and confusion except Chloe, she looks proud which makes me sick; even Sabrina looked sympathetic towards Marinette. Before I could say anything she runs away from him. I quickly try to run after her but she's too fast. [12:50 pm]
I felt terrible, I shouldn't have said it so rudely the way I did. That was totally uncalled for! I know Marinette is strong but its almost one and there had been no akuma attacks all day. Even though she was probably sleeping, I had this urging need to check up on her. Something didn't feel right, and so I decided to Patrol around her house. I quietly jumped onto her roof and I heard a mumbled groan. I looked down to see Marinette sitting in her balcony. I decided that this was my chance to make sure she was okay. I jumped on to her balcony making her tumble a little bit and squeal. Before either of us could say anything she quickly slipped her long sleeve on her left hand down and grabbed something from the floor and slipped it behind her back. Marinette seemed to have this new obsession with anything long sleeved, even during the summer. "Hey purr-incess! thought I'd drop by to check up on you, just to see how everything's doing you know?" I explained. As I spoke her hand behind her back trembled. "Are you alright?" I asked concerned, "whats in your hand?"                 "No-nothing!" She quickly replied in her usual stuttery tone. As she shook the unknown item dropped behind her. Before I could get a good look at it, she swiftly yanked it with her foot, covering it with her feet. I quirked an eyebrow and moved her foot. My eyes widened, in my view was a blade with what seemed to be fresh, yet dried blood.      "What's this for...?" I spoke softly.              "I don't know!" she exclaimed as she brushed the blade gently against her foot. I stared at her for a bit, and turned my direction to her arms. There was blood dripping from her sleeve! My eyes widened and I grip her arm and push up her sleeve. "D-did someone do this to you?" I was shaking and breathing heavily, staring shocked at her arm, the cuts forming the words-'Not Good Enough.' "C-Chloe? Please don't tell me you did this Princess.." Marinette bit her lip. "No. I did this to myself..."

Vote and comment if you enjoyed!