Chapter 1

My name is Scarlett and I'm 15 years old. I was abandoned at the age of 3 and gave been put in an orphanage ever since. I have red hair and blueish-green eyes. I also have my nose periced. I like to sing and write songs. I get my own room at the orphanage because on the oldest. And since I'm the oldest, I get to leave the orphanage during the day and be back by curfew. I also do a lot of chores around here and help cook to earn money. So I have a lot saved up from over the years. Enough about me, lets get in with my life.

<Scarlett's POV>

*BEEP BEEP BEEP*

I look at my alarm clock and it reads 8:00am. I get up and I decided to go to the mall today. I get dressed into a moon/zodaic sign shirt with ripped jean shorts and a white cardigan.

After I get changed, I go to the bathroom to do my hair and makeup

After I get changed, I go to the bathroom to do my hair and makeup. I straighten my hair cause I was feeling sort of lazy today. My makeup consists of concealer, winged eyeliner and mascara. Once I'm finished I put on my watch and a couple bracelets. I grabbed my bag and penny board and headed downstairs. I walk over to the front desk and say, "Im going out". The lady replied, "Be back by 2:00. Its adoption day" and I just say, "Whatever". Since I'm the oldest, there really is no chance of me being adopted.

Once I got to the mall, I went to Hot Topic. After a while of looking around, I ended up getting a pair of black ripped skinny jeans and a Darth Vader sweater. I decided to head back and stopped at Starbucks on the way back to get a Carmel Frapp. By the time I got back it was 1:56 so I had just enough time to drop of my bag in my room, grab my song book and get to the stage area.

2:00 hit and couples started flooding in, but there was also this group of 5 guys that came in. They probably wouldn't pick me so I opened my book and started coming up with song lyrics for my next song. After a couple minutes, they started calling kids back to be questioned, and surprisingly I was called. I got up and walked over to the room I was called into. It was the group of guys.

"Hi. My name is Scarlett and I'm 15 years old. I like to sing and write songs and I love to explore."

The guys started introducing themselves.
"My name is Shawn Mendes" says a guy with brown hair and a cute smile.
"My name is Jack Johnson" says the guy with dirty blonde hair.
"My name is Nash Grier" says a guy with dark brown hair and bright blue eyes.
"My name is Dylan Dauzat" says the extremely hot one with perfect eyes and smile.
"And my name is Jack Gilinisky" says the guy who has dark brown/black hair and really dark eyes.

"So you said that you sing and write songs, can we hear one?" asks Shawn.
"Sure, umm, why not" I said nervously. I opened up my book and started singing part of my song Gingerbread Man.

"I'm frosting
I don't need a man to make my life sweet
Prince charming
Just isn't the one that I think I need
You're thirsty
You think I give out all my shit for free
I'm bursting
Out laughing at idiocy

I need a gingerbread man, the one I'll feed
The gingerbread man, the one I'll eat
One who's always crazy
Never calls me baby
That's the one that I want
All you boys are not him, him" I sang.

I looked at the boys and they were speechless. The next thing you know the horn hoes off meaning that time is up. I say thank you to them and I go up to my room. Hopefully I get adopted.

A/N: So lets pretend that Scarlett is basically Melanie Martinez but with all red hair and blue-green eyes.