Prologue

Eleven years ago

...

"Talia Annabelle Black! This is the third time that you have been brought into office this week!" Mother Fleur, the head care taker shouted at me while holding on to a boy who had a blood covered arm and a huge bite mark on his wrist.

"wow, that's a record! Am I getting an award or something?" I said, feigning shock.

"That's enough from you!" She said as she hurriedly applied an antiseptic onto the boy's bite mark, which made him to scream loudly and wail even louder.

"wuss." I said.

"We do not use that kind of language in this orphanage!" She shouted at me "where did you even learn that word?" A strand of grey hair already came forward to cover her forehead out of frustration. It was so funny.

"I know that one! You." I said and did a small smirk. And I think her eyes turned red. She finished tying a bandage on the boy's arm and cleaned his nose before turning to me.

"Now for your punishment." She said and gave me a deadly glare.

I've heard that sentence over a thousand times.

"Let's just-" i was cut off by two knocks on her mahogany door.

"Who is that?" Mother Fleur angrily said to the person who knocked on the door. The for creaked slowly and Sister Thomas, Mother Fleurs assistant peered into the room.

"sorry for interrupting but Talia's guardian has come to take her"

Mother Fleur's eye twitched.

"I- but I thought it was not until next week" Mother Fleur said angrily. I think steam fumed from her ears. "She said she couldn't wait any longer and she even paid for early taking" Sister Thomas said.

Mother Fleur leaned one hand on her desk and waves her other arm. "Take her, do what ever you want, just- I don't want to see her again."

I did a mental happy dance.

"lets go." Sister Thomas stretched forth her hand to me and I ignored it and walked in front of her. Then I paused and turned to the boy.

"Enjoy life without me, Drake White" and with that I left the room.

St.Michael orphanage has been my home since- well, forever. From what i heard, they just dropped me at the doorstep and were never to be seen again. Well, sucks to be them caused they missed having a great daughter like me.

Mischief is my second name, according to Mother Fleur. Ever since I could crawl, I caused all kinds of trouble, and rumor has it that Im the reason why Sister Thomas has a scar on her forehead. Well, I guess some rumors are true.

I walked to the reception anxious to see who my new guardian would be. I prayed and prayed every night that she didn't end up being a boring rich woman.

And a boring rich woman she seemed to be.

She was clad in a nude suit with beige stilettoes. A set of pearls fell on her chest and wrist and a Rolex decorated her left wrist.

"Talia, meet Miss Christina Paul" sister Thomas said to me. My eyes were still fixed on her.

She walked up to me and squatted in front of me. I could hear sister Thomas whispering to her that I'm all kinds of trouble in one kid and all she did was smile and say "She's just the kid I need."

Before I knew it, I've packed my stuff into her car and I'm putting my seat belt on. The only thing that is written in my mind is I don't wanna go.

The door opens and Christina enters and closes the door.

" I hope you're not strict cause i-" I was about to give a warning when she exhales loudly and takes off her suit. "I wonder how those rich people wear these. It is hot!"

And immediately we clicked.

........

Present day...

I stood up from bed angrily and wore my bath robe. Some one had to tell the new movers that I loved my sleepy-sleepy snooze time.

I walked up to the porch of their house and banged thier door so hard that I thought it shook. After what sounds like fifteen knocks, the door opened and a guy stepped out.

"could you please turn down the music? I need to-"

" Talia Black?" The guy asked and I looked up to see the same blue eyes from eleven years ago.

"Drake White?"

......

Prologue!

Sorry but I dont really know stuff about orphanages because I was never in one so forgive me.