Chapter one

I woke up to the sound of my alarm ringing, "urg I can't be arsed for school" i moaned to myself.
"KAYLA ARE YOU AWAKE" I can hear my mother shouting up to me from downstairs, "yes" I reply in a rude tone.
I am honestly dreading school today, it's bad enough as it is but Alison has now been missing for a year and well I think we all know she's dead it's just hard to say it.
After I get changed into clothes and straightening my hair, I look at myself in the mirror making sure I look okay for the first day back. I'm wearing my favourite blue jeans with a belt, a pink tank top and just some white daps.

After applying some makeup, I go downstairs to grab some breakfast, after finishing food I say goodbye to my mother and I get in my dark blue Ford Focus st and make my way to school  which I like to call the shit hole

"Kayla?" I hear someone say, I turn around to see Emily.
"Emily" i say back.
"When did you get back?" She asks me, for the past year I have been staying with my father in England because of everything that happened.
"Yesterday" I reply while giving her a hug and a friendly smile.
"You should of called, it's so where's running in to you here" she tells me.
"Well we kind of lost touch Emily" I reply back a  little confused.  She doesn't reply just gives me a kind of awkward smile back.
"I saw a poster of Ali yesterday" I tell her.
"It's awful I mean, we all know she's dead" she tells me which hit me like a tone of bricks.
I don't reply I just stop and look at here shocked.
"Right?" She says back.
"I've just never heard anyone say it" I reply back, still a little thrown of guard.
I hate talking about Alison just because I miss her so much and that I kind of know I won't see her again. Some people might say that me and Alison were the closest out of the group, yeah we bonded really well but I think we were all really close to each other. It's wired because we are all so different from each other.
Alison was always the queen bee, the popular one who could make people do anything she wanted.
Spencer is the smart one who knew everything.
Emily is the shy one who will do anything for you.
Hannah was also the kind one but apparently she's now the popular girl but I can't see her being a bitch.
Aria is confident and knows what she wants but I'm not sure anymore she might of changed as she's been in Ice Land for a year.
And then there's me I'm the one that doesn't really give a shit and will do what I want, which is probably not good but why change this is the real me and if you don't like it don't talk to me simple.
After arriving in class I see Aria and I go to sit next to her and Emily sits the other side of her. "Hey" I say and she reply me back with the same, after we have a little catch up I see someone walk on the room that makes my mouth drop.
"Is that Hannah?" Me and Aria say the exact same time.
Emily nods "she's the it girl now, and where there's Hannah there's Mona"
"That's mona" me and Aria say the same time again.
I am shocked, yeah I here'd that Hannah was popular but I was not expecting a full on change I didn't even recognise her. 
"Wow talk about a makeover" Aria says while I nod back to her.
I look over to Hannah to wave but she give me the most fake smile.
"What's up with her?" I ask Emily a bit confused
"We didn't just fall out of touch with you two, we all fell out of touch with each other" Emily replies back.
Then spencer comes walking in and gives a smile to Hannah.
"They're not so close either" Emily says refuting to Hannah and spencer.
"So they're friendly just not friends" Aria says back.
After a while the teacher comes walking in and introduces himself as Mr Fitz and well he's very good looking, but that's not the best part him and aria seemed to have a moment with was weird as.
I had been back home for a while now and I was just looking through some old stuff in my room when a came across a page from my old diary explains about what happened with me and Jason, Alison's brother.

•FLASHBACK•

"Alison" I say while walking into her house
"Kayla" a deep voice says behind me which makes me jump. I turn around to that its Jason.
"Have you seen your sister anywhere?" I ask him.
" nope" he says while walking closer to me which makes me start walking back until I hit the wall and he is hovering over me.
"What are you doing?"  I ask looking up at him confused and I little frightened.
He moves his head closer "I have wanted to do this for a long time" he reply back to me and before I could reply his lips were on mine.
Our lips were moving in sync and I before I could really realise what was going on someone interrupts us.
"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING" Alison's screams which makes us both jump apart.
"It's not what it uh-"
"I CANT BELIVE YOU TWO WERE KISSING THATS DISGUSTING ESPECIALLY YOU KAYLA" she shouts. I don't know what to say and Jason is just standing there like nothing happened. 

•END OF FLASHBACK•

After a few minutes of replaying that scene in my head, I get a message "who are you going to go for next, Arias brother? -A"
"Alison?" I say under my breath.
I was just driving around when I see a load of cop cars and ambulances by a house, I pull over and start walking over when i see Spencer and Aria standing there.
" I heard Hannah got taken to the police station today" aria says.
"You don't think she's ever talk-" I start saying but Hannah buts in.
"About the Jenna thing? We made a promise"
After finding out that Alison is dead, I didn't cry, I didn't mourn I just felt strange I think deep down I knew she was which is hey I'm so upset about it I'm just glad that it's over and she can finally rest in peace.

It's now Alison's funeral, I arrive at the church and sit at the front with the girls after a while of us talking my phone beeps. "Anyone we know" Hannah asks, "no, just my mom" I reply and kind of catch on "I'm not the only one who's had a message of A am I?" Then we here the door opens, we all turn around and my heart drops "omg, it's Jenna" spencer whispers.
The funeral is now over and the girls and I are making our way out when someone stops us. "Emily, Spencer, Aria, Hannah and Kayla" a man says.
"Do we know you" I say in a rude tone, I probably shouldn't of done that.
"I'm detective Wildon, I understand that you were all good friends of the victim?" He replies.
"Yeah we were" aria tells him back.
"I'm gonna need to talk to each one of you" he says which is confusing because we have already talked to the police when Alison went missing.
"We've already spoke to the police when Alison went missing" spencer says, taking the worlds right out of my mouth.
"This is no longer a missing persons investigation, it's now a murder" he replies
"And I'll tell you know, I will find out what happened last summer" he continues and walks away.
We then all get a text at the exact same time which is really weird.
"Im still here bitches, and I know everything. -A" we all say at the same time.

As you can probably tell this is my first ever fanfic so I would really appreciate it if there was no hate towards the book, the way I write things or me. I do apologise if there are any mistakes made in this book but other than that I hope you enjoy reading and feel free to vote and leave comments.