The Red Cane

contests_99 this is my entry for contest 10! I am going to have 2 chapters I just wanted to make sure I tagged you!!!

      I used to love everything about The Red Can Theater. The people, the place, everything. Two years I was with them for, two long years. I committed myself to everything, I slept there after late night rehearsals, I Cleaned up everyone's messes, and I would ignore the obviously favoritism towards the richer kids. This is my story.

      One day I walking from choir practice with my mom. Across the street from my apartment was a tiny theater. I had been doing acting for years but never thought about this place. However, when I was walking by there was people waving signs and dancing and singing. I ran up to them and struck up a conversation. They offered up free tickets to their show, we went.

     It was great performance and as we were leaving I saw a poster for a audition of The Wizard of Oz. I auditioned and got the role of The Wicked Witch of the West. After that show I just kept going back.

     At first I thought my director Amanda and Mary were very strict. But I grew to love them quickly I called Amanda my Mom, and Mary my Grandma. I was very close to them and figured I would be with Theatre Company forever, but of course that's never how things go.