The Secret uncovered

PROLOGUE

When i was just about ten years old, my dad and mom started arguing constantly, they wouldn't stop. I soon knew where this was going...

Just about a year after, they separated I can clearly remember how hard that was for me i cried so much

day and night.

Until one day, my mom started dating this one guy named 'Joseph' i questioned myself, "Mom, you're five years older than him that's just wrong." I said, but mom ignored me like always. Something seemed awfully wrong, i have a bad feeling about Joseph. I tried to convince my mom that Joseph was a bad influence towards me, but then she told me to nock it off. I hope my mom doesn't get hurt.

One night, Joseph invited mom out to dinner, he also invited me to go along he said it was a 'special' occasion. Right away I said,"No thank you" but then MY mom looked at me with a deadly stare. I then knew I had no choice but to go. While my mom was getting ready, I went downstairs to get a quick snack and found Joseph in mom's room. "What is he doing in there" I asked myself. He's up to no good, I better go and take a look. I quickly tip toed across the kitchen to my mom's room. I tried to not be seen by Joseph, I peaked through the door I couldn't quite make up what he was doing. But I knew something was up, I just KNEW IT!! I tried to move a little to try and see a little better, and saw Joseph was putting some stuff in a little bottle. Umm i'm not quite sure what it is.. Just as i was getting ready to go in the room and ask Joseph what he was doing, he came out of the room. "What are you doing in my mom's room?" I quickly asked. "Nothing of your concern" he anwered. Ughh... i felt like punching him in the face, he makes me so mad. "I'm ready" mom yelled across the house. "Coming right up" Joseph replied. We got into the car and Joseph took us to a restaurant nearby, 'Pizza Hut' "Are you kid!ding me?! is this what he calls a 'fancy dinner?" I thought about it, but i did'nt say it out loud.

When we went inside the restaurant, the waitress took us to our seat. Then, Joseph asked what i wanted. "Isn't pizza all they sell here?" I said. My mom pinched me under the table. "OW! what did you do that for?" i yelled. Mom looked at me then smiled. 15 minutes later, the waitress brought in the pizza. It looked very good in my view, just when I was about ready to go get a piece, "I've got to go to the bathroom" mom said, "I'll go with you" i said. I did'nt really have to go, but i did'nt want to be left alone with Joseph. I did'nt go inside the bathroon, in fact i stayed outside peeking to see what Joseph was doing. He got a little contained out of his bag and pour some stuff on mom's drink, it kinda looked like pills. Chills ran up my spines... "what is he trying to do?" It's just my imagination, it's just my imagination, i tried to make myself believe that. My mom came out of the bathroom and then she sat down. Right when she was about to take a drink out of her cup, "Don't drink that!" I tried saying it aloud but nothing came out, she dranked it. Nothing happened, i felt a little bit of a relief knowing that my mom was looking okay. When we finished eating, Joseph payed while mom and i got in the car. When i was putting my seat bealt on i looked over at my mom, she I coudl'nt believe how pale she looked. "Are you feeling okay?" i asked, she woudl'nt respond. I started to cry and then Joseph ran to the car and asked me what happened. "You would know what happened you did this!" i yelled. "What are you talking about?" I knew he was trying to sound so innocent, but it's to obvious.. Joseph called 911, and in five minutes, ambulances came. "

What happend?" asked the police officers. I told them all that i saw this afternoon about Joseph getting the pills. At the hospital, nurses took me to see my mom, she looked awfully pale. I've never seen her this way, she has always been so active. Tears ran across my face. I hugged my mom and nurses told me to get out quickly. I'm scared.. Joseph told me "Everything is going to be ok" "Get away from me" i said. "I did'nt do it, i already told you" he replied. I ignored him.. Later that night, the nurse told me i was able to go see my mom.. She looked worse then she did earlier. "This isn't reality is it?" i asked myself. Police officers told Joseph to take me home and rest. Oh heck no i am not going home with him, not after what he did.