BTS (Bangtan Sonyeondan)

About:
BTS, also known as Bangtan Boys (방탄소년단 in Hangul; read as Bantan Sonyeondan; Bulletproof Boy Scouts), is a seven-member South Korean boy band under Big Hit Entertainment.
They debuted on June 13, 2013, with the song "No More Dream" from their first album "2 Cool 4 Skool".

After their debut, July 9, they announced the name of their fandom. They are now officially called A.R.M.Y (아미) which stands for Adorable Representative M.C for Youth. They also explained the significant meaning behind it. ARMY is military in English, the body armour and military is always together, so it means that the fans will always be together with the Bangtan Boys'.

Pre-debut:
BTS's first members were recruited through Big Hit Entertainment's "Hit It' audituons in 2010 and 2011. The original lineup for Bangtan went through several changes before the final group of members was established in 2012.
Before debuting in 2013, Rap Monster was already performing as an underground rapper and had released several tracks informally, including a collaboration with Zico. Suga was also an underground rapper in Daegu, and J-Hope, who was part of a street dance team named NEURON, was active in the underground dancing scene, participating in various battles and competitions. Before joining Big Hit, Jimin entered Busan High School of Arts as the top student in modern dance but later transferred to Korea Arts High School with V, who auditioned in Daegu. Jungkook was casted by multiple agencies after leaving auditions for Supersta K but eventually chose Big Hit, whilst Jin had been a student at Konkuk University before being streetcast for auditions.