Don't Look through the Keyhole

I was walking down the street with ragged clothes, tangled up hair, and sore muscles. I just gotten left in the wood for a week, by my friends. Apparently, they think it was funny, which was not at all. Oh, my name is Avalon, and it's summer break, incase you were wondering, and I'm 12 years old. (Back to the story) I see a brown mini van slow down next to me. The tented window rolls down. "Are you lost sweetie?" A man asks. He was older, and had brown hair that had gray hairs peeking through. I could also see in the driver side, there was an older woman. I just assumed they were married. "Umm, I guess. My friends left me in the forest down there, thinking it was funny. Now I don't know where the heck I am!" I reply. "Well I know were strangers to you, but why don't you hop in the car, and we can take you back to our place, and get you back to yours." Says the guy opening his door. I was very hesitant about getting in or not.Yes, I'm probably the dumbest person alive, but what ever, I mean aren't old people supposed to be cute little nice people? "Uh, sure" I say taking a step in. The van was very nice inside, it smelled fresh like cotton. "Sorry if I'm getting your van dirty sir" I say rubbing my arm. "No problem sweetheart, we love helping people" the lady says looking back and giving me a sweet smile. We finally reach a one story house that was painted a yellowish orange, very pretty. It had a stain glass window design that was a cross. This might not to bad after all. We all hop out, and walk inside. It was beautiful! Modern style everything! It felt like everything was just made perfect for this house. "You can go take a bath and wash up for super. Here's a towel, and its the room two doors down. Just don't go into our daughter Sophie's room, it's right across the hall." She says pointing the way. "Oh, and here's some clothes, these are Sophie's, and she's the same age as you, so you might fit." She says handing me a pink kitty night shirt, with matching fuzzy pants. "Thank you" I say walking down the hall. Once I am finished with my shower we all meet up at the dinner table, except for Sophie. "Oh and my name is Angela, and my husband, Jim." Angela says smiling. "Hi, I'm Avalon Taylor" I say while grabbing my fork. We all begin to eat when I ask "is Sophie coming for super?" "Um, no. She doesn't like to have guest" Jim says looking down at his plate. Awkward, I think. We finish super, and Angela tucks me in. "Don't worry sweetie, your going to be home tomorrow, I promise" she says rubbing my hair. "Thank you. Goodnight" I say pulling the fluffy covers up. She walks out and I still keep thinking about their daughter Sophie. I fall asleep, then wake up about an hour later to go to the bathroom. I just barely peek under Sophie's door, and see a rocking chair going back and fourth. Oh well. I went to the bathroom and went back to sleep. I wake up again thirsty. I then peek though the keyhole, it's a deep red. They probably just painted it over red, I think. I get a glass of water, and head back to bed. Once morning comes, and we are eating pancakes at the table, I then tell them something. "Nice job painting inside the keyhole red in your daughters room." "We never did." Jim says looking at Angela puzzled. "Sophie does have a disease where it makes her whole eye a deep red though" Angela says. Then I realize, Sophie's eye was looking at me through the keyhole.