Chapter 1: A normal beginning

The hallway was dark, just like in all the other nightmares. I turned the corner only to be greeted by the firing end of a gun. I couldn't see it but I could feel the cool metal pressing against my forehead. I could hear the person on the other end of the gun laughing, only seeing his gleaming white teeth through the darkness. I heard him un click the safety latch... *BANG*...
I woke from the dream, my red curls stuck to my face with sweat. The sheets were a tangle around me. My alarm clock read 6:42 am, Monday the 11th June.
First day back of college. Joy.
My alarm would go off in 18 minutes and I just thought that it would be pointless to go back to sleep just to have another nightmare, so I got out of bed. I stood at the edge of my bed and stretched, then tying my knotty red mop into a bun on the top of my head. The only other person to be awake right now would be my husky Liza so I knew that the bathroom would be free.

The floorboards were cold beneath my feet as I walked down to the bathroom. I pushed open the bathroom door and gently closed it behind me, turning the lock. I rapidly undressed and rushed In to the shower, standing underneath the steaming water. I tilted my head up to the stream of water, washing away any memory of the nightmare I had only a few minutes ago.

After washing I climbed out of the shower and wrapped myself in the soft cotton towel hanging from the towel rack. By now my Aunt Jess would've woken up and gone downstairs to make her usual breakfast of wheat bix and honey. I exited the bathroom with my hair and body both wrapped in towels and headed back to my bedroom.