Hidden Hollywood Royalty (a Norman Reedus fan fic)

Murphy

I had been waiting by the phone for a very important phone call, and it wasn't from my A&R Rep from Interscope Records. I was waiting on a very important phone call from my acting agent. My heritage and my grandparents helped me get my foot in the door at Interscope to start my musical career. For the past three years, I had been working the dance/pop music circuit and doing rather well with my group Golightly. Last year we won our first Grammy for Best Pop Duo/Group Performance for our dance hit Down The Rabbit Hole and even earned the Best New Artist Grammy even though we had been on the circuit for two years.

I hired Drake Bell a several years back after I was asked to be in a movie. Golightly actually consisted of about ten people altogether because off the dancers. The only actual musicians were myself, my best friend, CoCo Ray, our best guy friend Kane Phillips and our gay friend Scott Evans. Our group is unconviental for sure. Kane and Scott were the guitar players, Coco was our records, samples and table player while I was the lead singer and percussionist.

Growing up in a well-to-do family, I was blessed to have been given the chance to learn everything I wanted to learn. When I asked to learn how to play the piano at the age of three, my father said yes. At the age of five, I asked to learn how to play the drums. Daddy said yes. At the age of eight, I took a slight turn in my interests after watching my Uncle Oscar participate in a weapon and archery competition. When I told my dad I wanted to learn how to shoot guns and how to shoot a bow and arrow like Uncle Oscar, at first he wasn't crazy about the idea, but he eventually caved and said yes.

By the age of ten I was fluent in archery, hand guns and rifles. I was a junior champion in archery and hand guns by the age of 12.

Four years ago, I won the Gold at the Beijing Summer Olympics and eight years ago at the Athens Summer Olympics I won the silver in Archery. CoCo had heard through the grapevine that The Walking Dead was looking to cast a female version of their very popular character of Daryl Dixon. I was a huge fan of the comic and show, so I called Drake and ask him to enquire about it.

The original casting call was done in Los Angeles at their main headquarters over a month ago. I had made a second call back two weeks ago and was so hoping that I would get a final call back, because we would get to go to Georgia and actually audition for the producers of the show and audition with weapons. Golightly had just released a new album and song. Our song, Runnin', shot up the Hot 100 chart along with the Dance and Pop Charts. Golightly was very dramatic and artsy. When we performed, we had crazy hair and wild make-up that included extra face decorations like glitter, sequins and sometimes glow in the dark paint. We never used our real names as a part of Golightly. We all had nicknames that we used. My name was Ondine, which was another way to pay tribute to my late grandmother, Hollywood Icon Audrey Hepburn.

I was laying out by my pool of the home I shared to CoCo in the Hollywood Hills. My long haired Chihuahua, Frenchie, was laid up on her pillow beside me. I had to watch how long I laid out because I had a tendency to get dark really quick due to my Barbadian mother's family. My mother was born and raised in Barbados before her family moved to Miami, Florida when she was a teenager. She met my father Sean in college and they fell head over heels in love with one another. My mother, Jalecia, was one of the most beautiful and talented people I knew.

Drinking my Mai Tai, I was enjoying my alone time. CoCo had gone out with her boyfriend, Tyrone. Tyrone played for the 49ers, but they hadn't started practice for the upcoming season yet. I currently didn't have a boyfriend and really didn't want one. Humming our song Never Close Our Eyes, I was knocked out of my trance by my cell phone. Picking it up,

I saw Drake's name on the screen.

"Hello," I said as I answered it.

"Murphy, it's Drake."