The Hidden Crimson Letters (Book 1)

At last Violet Banks is happier than she's ever been. She never suspected feeling like this, considering what she is. She never believed that she could find true love. Max is her everything, and she loves him with all her heart, whether or not he believes it. But as she falls deeper in love with him, bad things begin to happen. She begins to see blood red words scribbled on her homework, magazines, and mirrors. But, she doesn't dare tell Max, for fear of his physical pain.

As she takes a trip to Summerland, she learns much about the past, present and future. She learns that what she is, isn't great. She learns things that she has to do, and she realizes that she's done a lot of things wrong. She must go back and apologize to the ones she hurt, and the ones she loved. She now also comes to realization that Max is her last chance, and that even if he doesn't love her anymore he has to help her or else her and her family and her culture could be serverely punished.

Preface

Darkness stretched her fingertips on me in every direction. Death bragged in my face. I was terrified.

My arm pulsed because of what I had done to it. I missed them both. Scarlet...Max...both of their voices reverberating so willingly and easily in my muddled mind.

He wasn't close...

This brought many horrific pictures and things into my mind. My arm hurt worse and worse as I thought of them. As I thought of him and Zac fighting on the floor, everyone screaming at them to stop. As I thought of his beautiful face, and her beautiful wings. The purple that spotted her body and the way he held me so safely in his arms. The way he smiled at me, the way his lips turned up to the corners.

My arm stung: Worse than anything I've ever felt. My eyes closed and I screamed reluctantly. My voice filling up the small area that I was so unwillingly enclosed in. It hurt! Everything hurt!

I sliced my arm one more time to see if he was close...nothing....

"Death is the only really serious preoccupation in life." --Alexandre Dumas

Chapter 1

Hide and Seek

The hidden barrier between death and life is great, and although we may not know it's there, we feel it's cold presence in our mind. Thoughts change into actions and those actions change into our destiny. The wonder of death is intriguing, although not many of us dare to enter it's dark presence, or touch it with the tips of our fingers, or break down this invisible barrier. But the gift of life is better and most of us would do anything to not loose it's existence.

Curiosity.

Hmm...many different definitions of the word, right? Everyone had their own. But, not everyone is right. Me though? Ha. That question was a joke, right? Is my definition of curiosity the correct one?

Well, I sorta knew everything. Okay, seriously, I'm not trying to brag. That's how it's always been for me. And in your defense, maybe it wasn't everything. Maybe it was sorta close to everything, though.

Back to curiosity. My definition: Something you want to know more about. Ha. I kicked your butt didn't I?

I'm Violet Charlotte Lorene Banks. I loved my name/names. They were...my everything.

Okay, okay. You're probably thinking this girl is a freak. Really? Her names mean everything to her? Well, shut your mouth because they do. If I couldn't hold onto anything else, it would be my names. They were something that couldn't be used in the improper context, like everything else about me.

No one seemed to understand--and high school made it worse, because it wasn't that nobody understood it was that, nobody cared to understand. If had you no friends, you were done for. But, if you did have one true friend, maybe you'd get by. Just maybe...