Torchwood: Elena's Story

Torchwood: Elena’s Story

Preface:

‘Ok Millie, mummy will pick you up at 3 o’clock this afternoon. I might be running a bit late, because my shift ends at 2:30 and you know how it is with traffic.’

‘Mum, I’m 6 years old you don’t need to treat me like a baby.’ The 6 year old Millie replied rolling her eyes at her mother Elena, who only smiled warmly at her daughter. Elena had golden blond hair just like Millie with brown eyes and pale skin, the resemblance between Elena and her daughter was uncanny. If Millie was 17 years older than they could have been twins.

‘See you baby girl’ Elena said then speed of, after about a 20 minute drive she stopped in a parking lot and walked across the street to get to her job. She bumped into a man wearing a odd coat and looked like he just stepped out of the 1940’s.

‘Hey watch where you’re going mate’ she said drawling out her English accent. He only turned around and smirked at her, Elena suddenly felt like blushing, but took her eyes off him.

‘Your Elena Walkers right?’ he said giving her a cocky grin. Elena looked at him startled and a little confused at how this man had known her name.

‘Who’s asking?’ she asked suspiciously.

‘Someone who wants to offer you a job’ he said still smiling at her.

‘Sorry mate, I already have a job’ she said and then turned around and started to walk away.

‘Yes, I guess working at Wall-mart is a great job, especially when you’re a single parent of an 6 year old child’ he said, Elena whipped her head around fast and glared at him.

‘Who the hell are you?’ she asked anger evident on her face.

‘Captain Jack Harkness, and you are Elena Walkers age 22 single mother of a six year old girl named Elisabeth whose father is unknown. Left abandoned on the street age 16 when she fell pregnant with the child. Went to university for 3 years and studied medicine got a degree in nursing but got kicked out when you were found taking stolen drugs on campus. Picked yourself back up did 2 years repairing and reprogramming computers before being found hacking into UNIT. Did not get put in jail although you were no longer aloud to work in any government organisation or to be allowed back into university. Moved to Cardiff for a fresh start, one of the UK’s top minds, how am I doing so far?’ he asked the star struck Elena.

‘Stay the hell away from me’ she said and started running back towards her car. Jack sighed and ran after her. She tried desperately to open the car door but could not because Jack had blocked it.

‘Why won’t you leave me alone’ she asked desperately.

‘I am offering you a once in a life time job, come work for me you’ll earn 20 times the salary you get payed here. Enough to move out of your tiny 1 bedroom flat and give Elisabeth a better life.’ He said Elena stopped struggling.

‘Who do you work for?’ she asked frowning.

‘Torchwood.’