I Hate You, I Love You - Gnash (Part 1)

Your POV:

3 years ago

"Everyone, this is Agent Y/N. She will be joining our team as a replacement for Emily. Y/N, this is Derek Morgan, Penelope Garcia, Jennifer Jareau, David Rossi, and finally, Dr. Spencer Reid." Agent Hotchner concluded.

"Pleasure to meet you." You reply shyly.

Everyone soon comes up to you and introduces themselves individually.

As soon as Agent Hotchner leaves, a woman of many colors bounds over to you excitedly.

"Hi! I'm Penelope Garcia, queen of all things technical, a.k.a the technical analysis." She exclaims while hugging you.

You laugh and reply with "Nice to meet you, Penelope."

After Penelope, a dark, handsome man approaches you with a striking smile.

"Derek Morgan, pleasure to meet you." He sticks out his hand and simply stare at it and wave.

"Another Reid on our hands guys." Morgan exclaims to the team.

"I don't understand." You smile.

"Don't worry little one, you will soon enough." He replies again while clapping you on the back, you nod.

The next person to greet you makes you so extremely nervous.

"David-"

"Rossi, yes, I'm a huge fan of your books. They're great." You interrupt.

"Ah! A fan. I'm glad you enjoy them and I'm looking forward to working with you." He greets while kissing your hand.

"As am I." You shoot back.

The next is a skinny blonde woman with beautiful blue eyes.

"I'm Jennifer Jareau but you can call me JJ." She says sweetly.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, JJ." You give her a kind smile.

The last person to introduce himself is a tall, lanky man with longish hair, just below his ears with breathtaking brown eyes.

"I'm Dr. Spencer Reid, but you can call me Spencer, or Reid, its um, its up to you." He replies barely making eye contact with you.

"Y/N, its great to be working with you Dr. Reid, I've read a few articles about you, as well as the others." You say smiling.

"I noticed you don't shake hands, did you know the um, amount of pathogens passed through a handshake is astonishing and-"

"-its actually safer to kiss. I know." You interrupt giggling.

1 year ago

"Y/N, you have to tell him! He obviously likes you too! You are always spending time together, and Spencer doesn't do that with just any woman." Penelope says.

"She's right you know, I haven't seen Spencer act like this in a long time." JJ agrees.

"I don't know guys, I like the way things are between us right now." You say looking down.

"Just tell him, no hard feelings if he doesn't feel the same way." JJ says.

You shrug them off and go back to your desk.

Present day

"Hey y/n, we're going out for drinks after work, do you want to come?" Penelope asks you excitedly.