Prolouge

May's PoV 

I move my clothes in my bag quickly. Dad wasn't going to be happy, neither would Dean. I couldn't live in their shadow anymore. Sammy went to collage at Stanford, and I kept some contact: a letter a month detailed on how his life is going. There wasn't much contact, and, though Dean tried to hide it, I could tell he didn't want Sammy to go. I just hope this doesn't bring him down too much.

As I put my pistol in my satchel and wrapped a scarf around my neck, I hesitated by the door. This was my whole life, my brothers, my dad, the business. I needed to do this. I wanted to step out of their shadow; Sammy took the brave step, now I will. 

I opened the door, and stepped into the hotel . My Dad was sitting at the table and Dean was heating up a frozen burrito. I stepped out of the shadows, and cleared my throat, catching their attention.  Dad looked up at me, then looked down at the bag, and glared. Dean turned white as a sheet and looked heartbroken.

"Dad, Dean, I'm leaving," I stated confidently, my head held high. Dad pushed his chair back furiously as he stood up.

"Like hell your not. You will go unpack and sit down at this table and help research for the case," he glared at me as he spoke. I looked to Dean, but he wouldn't look at me in the eye. I saw a single tear move down his face as he turned away, trying to hide it.

"No Dad, I will be hunting by myself for now on, I need to step out of your shadows, Dean's barely 22 and he already has a reputation. I need to get out of here, and sadly, now is that time." Dad stood there, he held his favorite gun in his back pocket. He pulled it out and sat down at the table.

"If you leave, like Sam, don't you ever come back. You hear?" He said as he cleaned his gun. His voice was cold and cut through me like daggers. Unfortunatly, I knew something like this would happen. "Dean walk her out and give her cab money," he paused, then continued, "I don't want to see your face ever again, you hear that Madeleine?!" By the time he said my name he was shouting, and Dean walked over to me and took my bag. The tear was no where to be seen. We both silently walked out of the hotel. 

As we walked outside of the hotel building onto the busy downtown street of Indiana, Dean turns to me.

"Hey, keep in contact Dean, I don't want to be cut off. Especially by you." Dean looked at me sadly, more tears ran down his face, as did mine. He wiped a stray tear on my cheek.

"Ok, so where are you going to for the job or whatever?"

I look at him, "Chicago." He nods, hands me a credit card, and calls up a cab and we wait. The cab pulls up and I put my bags into the cab. But, before I sit in the cab, Dean grabs my arm. I look up at him, a confused look painted onto my face.

"You almost forgot this." He pulls out a small silver chain. The chain had a bottle cap and a tiny vial of salt and a half burned match. 

"Dean, you remembered my necklace. Thank You." I say as he hands me the neaklace. I give him a tight hug.

"Alright, Alright, no chick Flick moments!" Dean says as he hugs me back. The cab honks as if to signal my departure. Dean hugs me closer and gives me a kiss on the forehead. "Be safe May." He says as I get into the cab.

"I will Dean." I respond as the cab pulls away. I turn around and watch Dean get smaller and smaller, a few tears escaping my eyes.

*Four Years Later* 

I sit at my apartment building, researching a case in Nebraska when I hear my cellphone ring. Picking it up, I look at the number. I didn't know it but answered anyway. 

"Hello?" 

"May?"

"Dean?!" 

"Yeah...Hey I need your help, Dad went on a hunting trip... and he hasn't been home in a few days." 

"I'll be there soon." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~A/N~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey Guys, It's Meg_and_Maddie we thought we would do a Supernatural fanfiction and we came up with "Cleaning Up My Nightmares" We will try to update it at least a day after "Once I met you" But other than that there is nothing new.

Love

~Meg_and_Maddie