Numb

Numb…numb was all she felt as she watched their smiling faces on the tiny screen in her palm. This addiction was going to be her downfall. The way she romanticized her own pain as she saw the looks they shared; the eyes, the duets, the hands, the everything. Everything she once had. Her pain, like needles of ice that pierce every fiber of her being making her drown on her own air.

            “A beautiful mess.”

, she said to herself as she felt the hot tears begin to fall. This is the pain she’d dull with her version of sizzurp…him. She used him to dull the pain a bit so she can continue her life a little less hazed by…them. The brunette and the red head suddenly disappeared from her screen as a call interrupted her self-loathing.

Him

Her own personal pain-killer. He said he loved her and all she did was give him a small smile. She never loved him…never would. Not the way she loved…that person.She could blame him for seducing her. For taking advantage of one weak moment but in reality she allowed it. Now she was left playing love while her one love fell in love with someone else.

Her phone kept ringing and she sighed before answering,

            “Hello?”

, she answered feigning ignorance. She knew what he wanted.

            “Hey… I miss you.”

, his soft voice said. She closed her eyes as she imagined someone else’s voice,

            “Hm.”

, she hummed half heartedly.

            “I want to see you.”

, she looked at the wall of her apartment. She didn’t want him…but she’d give in just to forget theirhappiness.

            “Me too.”

, she said trying hard not to throw up from the lie. He sighed in relief as he continued saying what he’d do to her and she pretended to like it.

            “I love you.”

, he finally said. She swallowed,

            “Ah…bye.”

            “Tell me you love me too.”

            “I-“

            “Soo Jung-ah…please.”

, she froze. No one ever called her that besides…

            “I’ll see you in a bit Kai. My door is unlocked so just come in.”

, with that she hung up and was once again greeted by the ghosts of her past. She watched emotionless as they sang their duet together. They sounded perfect. They fit each other perfectly. At the end the brunette wrapped an arm around the red heads waste and pulled them closer while smiling,

“Waaahhh! That was so amazing. You two sound amazing! So full of emotion!”

, said the MC. Both just smiled shyly.

            “No wonder you two are the nations favorite couple.”

, the brunette laughed nervously while the redhead lowered their head, so their bangs covered their face.

            “Well it’s no lie that I’m madly in love with this girl right here.”

, said the brunette causing the redhead to hit them lightly before their face turned bright red.

            “Wahhh! So cute! You two make me jealous!”

, the MC said,

            “Everyone give a hand for the nations favorite couple….

Amber and Luna!”

            Soo Jung watched with blurred vision as her ex- best friend bowed before walking back to their seats. Hand in hand with her ex-lover. The only person she ever loved. He changed his hair… no longer blonde. He looked at Luna with so much fire that Soo Jung forgot what air was.  She choked as she saw how playful they became.

            This was her fault…all her fault. That should be her but she forfeited that for one night-

CLICK

            Soo Jung wiped her tears away and put her phone down as she heard her door open. She felt his hot breathe in her ear and shivered. She hated herself.

“Baby.”

, he said hotly. She indulged herself in her human codeine and when it was over. When they were nothing but intertwined limbs she felt the self hate return. She unlocked her phone and checked twitter. She felt her heart stop as she choked on her tears.

TRENDING: AMBER AND LUNA ENGAGED

TRENDING: LUNBER WEDDING SOON

            She set the phone down and looked at the face of the sleeping man next to her and wanted to make him disappear. She stared at the ceiling and began to silently sob.