Chapter One

Faith Hill

Faith sat in the pew, with her Grandma Joanne and her two cousins

Faith sat in the pew, with her Grandma Joanne and her two cousins. Everyone listened to the pastor preach about 'evil doers' and the 'wicked'.

"I said!" he takes a loud breath into the microphone "ahh, everything that the devil has taken *breath* he shall return! *breath* back sevenfold!" He takes a tile and wipes his face.

"Can I get a Amen?!" He hollers.

"Amen!" They all shout.

"Gon ahead and take your time pastor" a lady yells from the back. He smiles and takes a sip of his water and continues preaching about faith.

Faith tries not to sound exhausted but she was. Church was supposed to be dismissed 30 minutes ago.

"Now, Jesus said, that the wealth of the sinner is laid up for the just. I know it might be hard right now, but just hold on a have faith. Keep praying and God is going to bless you with a miracle."

Those words touched her heart in a special way. Even though Faith heard it plenty of times, it shook her spirit.

The pastor led them in prayer and then everyone was dismissed. Faith sighed contently. She was sad to leave but her back was hurting from sitting on the hard bench. Not to mention she was extremely hungry.

Faith stood up out of her seat along with the others, making her way to the door.

"Faith!" The pastor shouts.

He pulls her into a hug.

"Hi, pastor"

"How's everything going?"

She manages a very small smile "Its ok"

He squeezes her shoulder.

"Everything will get better" he reassures.

Faith nods her head, hoping that his words ring true while the Pastor walks off to continue on greeting the rest of the congregation.

She quickly goes to the bathroom to release her contents that's she's been holding in for a hour. She walks through the door and maneuvers around people to get to the separate stalls for women and men.

Taking only a few minutes to use the restroom, she straightens her dress back out and goes to wash her hands.

As she walks back out, she passes a light skin boy with pretty eyes.

He smirks at her but Faith rolls her eyes and keep it moving.

"Faith!" Her Grandma calls while looking around the church. Not to soon after, Faith emerges from the restroom.

"See" Sheila says to her grandmother. "I told you she was in the bathroom. Ain't no where else she could go"

Joanne nods her head but still has her suspicions. All teens are sneaky, even the churchy-ones.