Prologue

Lycanthrope, the first and oldest bloodline of the werewolf population. With a bloodline so raw to the effects of the blessing that they had obtained, they lacked control until their spiritual connection within oneself became unbreakable. They are a creature that is a blend between man and wolf, yet neither. They are larger than a wolf, leaner and have longer limbs however they resemble a wolf in most other ways. In order for the humans to hold such a beast within themselves, they are blessed with a gifts, or affinities that differ between each. From the moment a child is born, their differences from regular werewolves is only slight but they bear the ability to completely synchronise themselves with their wolfish half.

A century after the age of the Silver Wolf, a child was born bearing these slight traits of a Lycan. Seeking the chance to exploit that power, the Alpha of her pack, her father tried his best to get his hands on the child but her mother refused. The refusal went for many years, until that fateful night.

The loud wall shuddering clap of thunder marks the night that a terrifying revelation occurred within a wolf pack not too far from the Florida border. As the third largest pack in the area, this pack is not only home to an Alpha pair but a very powerful yet young Lycan. Hiding deep within the catacombs of the pack, a woman and her child hurry through the tunnelled catacombs.

"Mama, why? Why do I look different?" A fragile, feminine voice asks with a tone filled with deep sorrow, fear and confusion. The loud stomping of feet hitting the ground at a distance behind them, along with a deep, malicious chuckle echo through the tunnels. The child, a little girl no older than four clinging onto the moment with fear, quivering in the process. The woman, with long unruly black hair shields the little girl as she makes her way through the catacombs. Her glittery silver eyes scanning the tunnels with a purpose to get out, to flee to save her daughter.

"Because my darling, you were destined for great things." The woman tries to console her daughter, keeping her tone calm and soft so that they aren't followed any quicker. Pulling her little girl closer to her, she utters a summoning under her breath in her last resort. Her bare feet hitting the dirt covered floors, as she picks up her pace. She knows there is a way to escape these catacombs whilst also trapping those following them.The little girl looks up to her mother with her iridescent eyes, her most striking feature, with fear, worry and concern. She knows not to make too much sound due to the terror that is chasing them through these catacombs, a man she once adored – her father.

"You can't run from me forever Azura! She will be mine to control!" The male voice sneers maliciously from behind them, his anger evident in his voice. He is angry, furious that his mate and child dared to run from him. The silver eyed Azura, pushes on further, letting out a feral growl as she makes it to the exit of the catacombs, fleeing up the stairway.

"We will not bow down to the likes of you Raphael!" Azura sneers as she spins around to watch as the wolves following them can be faintly seen from the exit. In order to protect her pup, the destiny that she holds and the werewolf kingdom as she knows it, she will do whatever is necessary. With her empty right hand, Azura flicks it in the direction of the opening of the catacombs. This movement jumpstarts her affinity for earth, allowing her to bend it at her will. Her hand commanding the earth above the catacombs' exit to collapse. As the earth collapses upon the opening, Azura turns her back to place her child onto the ground.

"Beatrix, I need you to run as far away from here as possible. Run to the North where Grandpa is, or to the East where Uncle Daemon is." Azura instructs her daughter, hoping that her older brother will protect Beatrix like his own or that her father kills off her mate. Removing the silver chain from her neck, Azura places it around her daughter's neck hoping that any pack that Beatrix stumbles across will know to give her to their King. The iridescent eyed four year old stares at her mother with shock, her mother never removes that necklace or try and get her to escape from things.