Life Has Its Twists

I feel a sharp pain in my knee as I make contact with the ground.

I look up through my lashes, my vision blurred by tears that are threatening to fall and I can't exactly make out the figure towering before me.

While everyone else around was panicking and yelling, he just calmly approached me and whispered words of assurance.

I don't exactly recall screaming or saying anything but the memory itself is murky.

The figure looked over me, his voice gentle.

"..Woon..."

"...Taekwoon."

Just as my alarm is about to go off, I wake up.

It became a habit of mine that I don't really need my alarm there but I still keep it there anyway.

I disable the device and I make my way to the small bathroom, just almost a few steps from my bed.

I freshen up and I pull out a white shirt, long black cardigan and a pair of black jeans. I ruffle my dark locks around until it looks decent.

As I make my way downstairs, the wallpaper of the home seems to get duller and duller as the weeks and even months go by.

I reach the kitchen and I find my mom humming rather loudly so early in the morning. It wasn't unpleasant though.

Her voice is beautiful. Almost as beautiful as she is.

Instead of her usual "good morning" she starts the day with something different.

"Leo, Darling. Make sure to be home early today!" She exclaims as she wipes off her damp hands on her already stained apron and she turnes to face me.

She set before me a simple breakfast of toast and seasoned scrambled eggs. The toast had cute smiley on it. I pout a bit at it and take a big bite.

"I have some special news for you" My mother had a glint of excitement in her eyes. I looked at her as I slowly chewed on my toast and nodded.

I looked back down to focus my eyes on my meal, thinking about what might her surprise be. I wordlessly stuffed my mouth with more of my breakfast.

She shook her head as she leaned against the sink. "You really are just like your father.." she whispered with a faint lopsided smile on her lips.

I looked up from my plate once more but she already snapped out of her nostalgia.

"Alright Darling, you don't want to be late for school!"

※※※※※※

I made my way though the campus grounds of one of Korea's best Entertainment schools.

I slide pass by all sorts of people. Quite a few not being even Korean. Some are quite older than me, who are only now realizing their dream for music... dancing or singing maybe?

I sat myself down on a secluded area where not many students pass by. Most would rather be mingling with their friends in the building by this time but I much prefer to be outside where it's quiet while I can.

It was a breezy today and the weather was beautiful. It was nicely shaded away from others and it was calming compared to The busy halls and classrooms.

I cross my legs and plug in my earphones. I pull out a well kept navy hard-cover song book that I always carry around with me and I start to scribble down whatever lines that came to mind.

I tilt my head back, close my eyes and hum along to the music playing on my phone.

Just as I flip my page to continue on in my writing, I feel a crushing weight jump at my side. I look up to glare at the person, already having a clear guess who he might be.