Back Then

He was deaf when he was born.One of the small percent of children that didn't scream and cry when they left their mothers womb.It's not like it was his fault,his father never took it out on him,he took it out on her.He'd barely seen his mother before she died,by the age of two his father decided it was time to do his job.So that was it,his mother was gone,and there he sat deaf right beside his father who,as far as I can tell,didn't care what the kid did and did not see.

At the age of 8 his father decided it'd be alright to show his son the ropes,get him used to his surroundings since he'd be dealing with things like this for a while.His relationship with his father was filled with discipline,nothing to serious but enough to consider his father as a major dick.So,Nico had gotten used to the life style,though he couldn't hear he could tell what his father was saying by the way he's urgently shake his hands or his middle finger.He'd learned that when he listening he'd be praised maybe not with a gift put with small motions of acknowledgment,pats on the back,short and I mean short hugs nothing to serious and other times just a small "Thank you.. " though those didn't really effect anything because he couldn't hear.

At one point,all of this changed.It was abrupt.Out of no where,at one point his father's entire demeanor seemed to change,he seemed more dickish than usual.He'd thrown the boy into the car,pointing to the seatbelt in an urgent manner,Nico would quickly lock himself in closing his eyes with a deep sigh.His father drove,they drove for a while he glanced out the window noting the change city scenery apartments and complexes surrounded him.His father was  him somewhere b