9 years ago

Part 1 - The Flashback

*Flashback of 9 years ago*
"Hey, could you pack up the bar for me tonight?" Alexis says while she fiddles with her keys nervously. I look up from the bench I was scrubbing and sigh.

"Another date?" I smirk at her, she's been using tinder for a few months now but she hasn't had much luck. Ever date she's been on turned out being creeps who just want one night stands.

"Yeah, I have a good feel about this guy, Catherine", She looks at me with hopeful eyes. I drop my my cloth in defeat.

"Fine, but stay safe, we don't want what happened last time to happen again", I say while glaring at her. A huge grin appears on her face as she grabs the keys to the bar and hand them to me.

"Thanks!" She says giddily as she quickly jogs to her car outside in the dark. I watch as her car drives away. Sighing as I continue scrubbing the bench.

After a few hours of packing up, I check the time. It's 9:43pm, I can finally leave. I lock the bar and walk outside, cold breaths escape my mouth while I hurriedly grab my keys for my car to escape the cold. I walk to my car, unlock the car and attempt to turn it on. All I hear is the sound  of the engine refusing to work.

"Shit!" I cuss as I grab my phone to call my Mum. Half an hour later my Mum appears to help me jump start the car. What would I do without her, she's my best friend.

While my Mum fixes my car I hear the sound of the gravel driveway of the bar crunch beneath the wheels of a black Jeep. Two men in suits hop out the car and look around.

"Uh, excuse me? The bar is closed!" I calmly shout at the men as they were around 10 meters away from me. They didn't reply but instead they pulled out guns and shot my Mum, several times. I scream and crouch down to my Mum and hug her body but suddenly bullets are flying towards me. I gasp and run into the forest that surrounds my bar. The men chase me while aimlessly shoot at me. As I'm running I trip over a tree trunk on my ground, the two men are above me, about to shoot until suddenly a large beast leaps out the bushes and attacks the men, all I can hear is the sounds of flesh tear and the screams of the men. Suddenly all I can't hear is large animal like breathing. I look up to see to mauled bodies and a large man thing standing above me. He has large teeth and yellow eyes with veins bulging out his face. I gasp and slowly crawl backwards. The creature stares at me for a second and then turns away and runs into the forest at an incredible speed. I lay there in shock, my head falls back into the earthy ground and everything goes black.