Unsightly

I'm in a graveyard shift, so I always go home at 3 am.

It was very silent. Cold breeze of air dampens my skin giving me slight shiver. As I walk to my home, I felt somthing inexplicable.

Now, I'm in the front gate of my house. Something's strange. Our front gate is open. The door was unlocked. I entered the house hastily and without hesitation. The mess surprised me. It was as if hurricanemadeit's way inside and destroyed everything.

I was walking slowly because of the shock from what I saw. Then, something crossed my mind. "What about my wife?". Cold sweat filled with a suffocating nervousness, is what's eating me.

I suddenly run fast, as if my feet were not touching the ground. I searched the bedroom, then, the guest room, then, kitchen. Everything's deranged.

I was on the verge of complete exhaustion then I found myself kneeling in front of the restroom.

I slowly opened the door. I started trembling from what I saw. It was my wife. She is lifted high. She looks like an angel, praying. She was kneeling down but in the air and looking downward. The terror helped me stand up. There was strings all over her body. She looks like a puppet with string. Strings on her hands, limbs, feet, and head that keeps her in place.

I can't stop trembling. Then, I looked to my left. There was a mirror. And, the thing that surprised me most is.... I was smiling☺.