Chapter 1

Above: Zack

Zack Clarkson, a tall, muscular, blue eyed black haired boy, was sitting on the bench outside of his high school, where he was a sophomore. Girls wanted him, but couldn't have him. He was gay. It led to him getting constantly picked on by his former friends, and single mother being concerned for his safety. A hit from behind sent him sprawling onto the sidewalk, and the jocks were, as usual, responsible. Zack stared into the amber eyes of his crush, Damon, the jock that never hurt him, the boy with bright blonde hair. "What's the matter, Zack? Can't bring yourself to fight?" That was Kyle, the captain of the football team. And also president of the asshole club, Zack thought furiously to himself.

"Yeah, faggot, can't fight back?" And that was Brandon, Kyle's second in command. He was a little dim, and always did what Kyle wanted him to do.

"Hey! Leave him alone!" Two girl's voices called out. It was Frankie, a junior, and her girlfriend, Marilyn, or Maril.

A gaggle of popular girls walked by. "Losers!" The lead one, Tiffany, a girl with dyed blonde hair called out.

Frankie gave Tiffany the bird, and the girls hurried off. Frankie and Maril walked up to Kyle, anger flashing in their eyes. "Leave him alone, or are you such an dumbass that you can't understand English?"

Kyle glared at Frankie, but left when he saw Jennifer, Zack's mother, pull up in her car. Zack had a cut on his lip, and Jennifer's eyes were filled with worry. "Did they hurt you again?"

"What? No, I tripped. I'm fine."

"Okay, sweetie. Let's go home." Zack pulled the hood of his skull covered jacket over his head and stared out the window, thinking about Damon. His phone buzzed, and an unknown number had texted him I'm sorry.

Who is this? He replied.

You know.

Damon? The unknown number did not respond after that.

As they pulled into the driveway of their luxurious two story home, Zack saw an envelope on the front porch. He got out of the car, then walked over to it and picked it up. It read You're Invited! Ripping open the envelope, he opened a card that read:

Sophomore Party Tomorrow Night at 2735 Midnight Lane! Everyone invited! 

Zack immediately recognized the address. It was Damon's house, just down the street. "Hey, mom. Can I go to a party tomorrow?"

"Sure! Just call me when it's over, and I'll pick you up."

"That's okay, mom, I can walk home. It's at the end of the street."

"Okay, sweetie."

Timeskip: The Next Day...

Zach pulled on his ripped black skinny jeans and a tight black shirt that read Rebel till the End in white jagged letters. He walked to the bus, then got on and was greeted by the usual "gay boy" and "faggot" comments, which he ignored. Or, rather, he tried to. The spot next to Damon was the only seat open, so that's where he sat. Damon's eyes flickered with happiness, but then the look was gone when Zack's shoulders slumped forward. "Zack, they shouldn't have treated you that way."

"Did you invite me to your party out of pity?" Zack snapped.

"What? No, of course not! Everyone's invited."

Come lunch time, Zack sat with Frankie and Maril while Damon sat with his friends. They kept stealing glances at each other. The day went by slowly, and Zack was glad to get home. He put on a black collared shirt with a black and white checkered tie, and his usual black skinny jeans. He spiky black hair was over one eye, and he pulled on black fingerless gloves. Walking down to Damon's house, he saw cars pulling up to the curb. He knocked on the door when he arrived, and Damon himself answered the door. "Zack, you, uh, you came."