Where I stand (one)

Here I am: stranded. I know that the teachers just don't want to deal with me because I'm deaf, so they just pass me. I can be late to class, do a really bad job on my work and still get A's. I can't hear what the teacher is teaching so I don't learn.

I don't know sign language yet so I can't communicate with anyone except for writing. No one really talks to me anymore because they don't care enough to write anything to me. So all I have left is writing, I write all the time. I write stories, songs, and poems. I do it all day long as well.

I had a best friend, more like a nonbiological sister, her name was Jasmine. We always were together, we went everywhere together and were always at each other's houses. She always knew exactly what I was thinking and I always knew exactly what she was thinking too. We lived across the still, silent, street from each other. It was always Remi and Jasmine, bd (before deafness) we would always go to the mall and play truth or dare.

We were both really outgoing unpredictable people, and that's why we always had fun. We would dare each other to do stuff like acting like you fell asleep in one of the display beds in JC Penny's, and acting British when we went to checkout at Claire's. We would always have the best time no matter where we were. We would always point out cute boys to each other and we had this point/picture game where we would get 10 points if we took a clear picture of him, 5 points if picture is bad quality or blurry, 20 points if we asked if we could take a picture of him while posing (and he said yes), and 40 points if we took a picture with the guy. We totaled up the points after every time we decide to play and then added them to our current totals. The game reset every 6 months, she won last time, I won the time before that!

She would always do my makeup, and she was always really good at it, so she taught me most of my techniques I know today, and she is the reason why I am good at doing makeup.  She taught me makeup, and I taught her fashion! I have a pretty cute fashion sense if I do say so, and Jasmine always took a liking to my style, so I taught it to her!

I  loved her like family, and would always text her or call when she wasn't around and I missed her or wanted to tell her something. I still dial her number, of course getting voicemail every time. I'll call her when I have no one left to go to and I'll just talk.

I started writing letters when her phone was finally disconnected. She died in a car crash last month on the way back to her house from the apple orchard. She left me, stranded.