The Beginning

Aly's POV- July 28,2007

I tuck my bangs behind my ear, I'm on my way to my best friend Abby's 6th birthday, I'm the oldest out of all of my friends. I turned 6 last December.

"Aly!" my grandma called as I come running out my room.
"I'm here Grammie" say almost running into her. "Your mom is on the phone Aly, do you want to speak to her"
"Yes please" she handed me the phone

"Hi mommy"

"Hi Aly, I have a question, you know how you have Abby's party today?"

I shake my head forgetting she couldn't see me

"Yeah"

"Do you want to go out come to the mall with me?"

I asked my grandma if it was okay and after she agreed I decided to go to the mall with my mommy since I rarely get to see her. Although I had a gut feeling something was wrong.

"Yes mommy, what's wrong?"

"Nothing Aly, I'll be there in 10 minutes, get ready"

-

I changed into a skirt, I hate skirts but my grandma says girls don't wear shorts and pants so I am forced. The skirt is pink with sequins in the bottom and a white shirt sleeved shirt. My hands pinned my bangs back and I put my shoes on.

*door bell rings*

I come running out of my room and I go to the door as my grandma calls me, I tell her than Tiffany, my little sister, is crying because I get to go with mommy so she sends me on my way with my mother and goes to check on Tiffany.

My mom sits me in the front seat, now I know for sure that something is wrong. My mommy only sits me in the front seat when something is wrong and she wants to make me happy.

Once we get to the Washington Square Mall my mommy holds my hand and walks me into the big mall. She takes me to a very expensive looking jewelry store. She asked the lady to see a gorgeous purple jeweled cross necklace.

"Do you like this Aly" my mommy asked me, I gazed at it in awe and shook my head

" Yes mommy"

She exchanged words with the nice lady behind the counter and to my surprise got down on one knee so she could be my height and put the gorgeous necklace around my neck.

"I Love you Aly, no matter what" she whispered in my ear with tears in her eyes, I didn't know what was wrong but I didn't want to upset my mommy worse.

"I Love you too mommy, thank you" I hug her and kiss her cheek. She pays the lady and holds my hand and takes me to Panda Express, after getting out food, I got fried rice and orange chicken and my mommy got chow mein and beef and broccoli with orange chicken, we went and sat down in the mood for court. While we were eating mommy asked his school was and I told her all about my crush, Tyler, and all my friends and how I love school so much. After our short conversation she reaches over and grabs me hand, holding it softly. Anxiety starts to creep into my chest.

"What... what's wrong mommy"

"Mommy has to move for a little bit Aly, but I will be back for you and Tiffany soon."

"Where... where are you doing mommy?" I say tears welling in my eyes.

"Remember when we went to visit Nana and Papa?" I nod lightly. "I'm going to go live with them, when I get a job and get on my feet I will come get you and Tiffany, I promise." She said tears starting to fall.

I cried and went back to eating, not wanting to continue this conversation.

I could feel the sadness and pity radiating off of my mother...