Bittersweet (A Caleo Oneshot)

I hated his guts. Every ounce of me wished he was dead. Wished he was dying in my arms hoping I would help but fully knowing that I would never do such a thing. I wanted him to feel the same way I had felt. I wanted him to know how it feels to have someone there that could help you but instead for them to do nothing but break you. To completely destroy you with a snap of a finger. I wanted him to plead and plead for my help but for me to deny it and crush his heart like he crushed mine. 

No you don't, A voice whispered inside my head causing me to snap out of my thoughts to answer the annoying voice. 

Shut up! I snapped back shaking my head as I dug through my now dead flowers consisting of what used to be white and lavender roses. White roses to signify innocence and lavender to signify enchantment. Now they were nothing but dead apetalous stems.You know nothing, I continued, stabbing the shovel into the ground again to dig up more dead flowers.

I heard laughter before the voice inside my head disappeared and left me alone in silence. I knew it wouldn't be for long but anytime without that annoying voice inside my head was time not worth wasting.

Once I'd finished digging up my flowers I brushed the mud off my clothes and made my way to a small hut not a far walk away but far enough that it was out of eye sight. The hut was built where the beach met the hills and was near the only part of the island you could not see the ocean from. Sometimes it makes me forget I am stuck on an island on my own but other times it just brings me misery.

The hut was built by the one person who's guts I hate. The one person who makes my blood boil but the hut is also the most relaxing part of the island and I have to come here at least once a day for that reason. 

I sat down near the hut, on a bench made up of driftwood and dead cedar branches and sighed. This place smelled of fire and fire only reminded me of one person. One person I will never see again.

No matter how much I try to forget that one person I can not get him to leave my mind. He was the only person who actually gave me hope. He was the only person that made me believe I had a chance of leaving this island but he was also the hero who never came back for me and crushed all my hopes just like many people did before. I hated his gut but now I have no idea. No matter what I say I know the voice inside my head is right. As much as I want to see him dying in my arms I'd rather just have him here, hugging me and telling me he would never leave me again.

Sucks to be in love with a half blood doesn't it? The voice asked rhetorically. It sucks to know fire boy is out there somewhere living his life and you're stuck here doesn't it?

But this time my answer was different. The voice in my head wouldn't drive me to insanity like usual. This time the voice was nothing but a shadow of a stupid grandmother of mine.

No it doesn't Gaia, Being in love with a half blood doesn't suck. In fact it's wonderful. Yes I may never see him again but for once I felt like someone cared for me because I didn't just love Leo Valdez but Leo Valdez loved me.