Hunger games: after the spark

Chapter 1

I love the boy with the bread, I love the boy with the bread. Yet does he love me. I haven't spoken to him since we made the book of loved ones lost. I cry and scream of the nightmares and his arms aren't there to protect me. I begin to doze of nod give into the sleep tempting my eyes.

"Katniss, katniss help me" screams prim. I'm in snows mantion running from mutts that scream my name. I hide in a room. Screams temp my mouth as there is every single loved ones dead body I've lost. I wake up screaming, sweat sticking the hair to my face. This is enough I go down stairs and look out the window. Peetas lights are on in the living room. Only one thought goes through my mind, I run out the door to Peetas house. "Peeta, peeta let me in" no one answers but I know he heard me because everything goes quiet. "Please peeta" I start to sob, I sob until I'm only the floor broken. Finnick was right it takes ten times as long to put yourself back together than it does to fall apart. I leave and reach the end of Peetas driveway until the door bursts open. Baby blue eyes and blond hair run up to me in an embrace. "I'm sorry katniss" "it's ok, nightmares are too much for me lately" he turns to walk home. "Stay with me peeta" he turns back as if fighting a flashback. But he comes anyway. "Always" he whispers.

I wake up to the cold wind in my room, peeta is sitting on the chair asleep. He looks so harmless when he's sleeping. I try not to wake him when I go down stairs but his eyes flutter open. "Morning"

"Morning"

"Katniss do you love me, real or not real"

"I...."

"Katniss, you don't have to answer that"

He gets up and runs down stairs slamming the door behind him. It's too much, I try to run after him and fall on the steps, goodbye peeta is my last thought as I hit the bottom of the stairs and black out.