Coming Home: Johnlock

Sherlock stood by the door. 221B was spelled out in gold across the front of the door. Two whole years. Sherlock had been “dead” for two long years. Two years Sherlock lived away from John. He nearly came back several times, missing John. Missing his life. But he didn’t. In fear that Moriarty’s men might still be lurking.

Moriarty was a smart man. He knew he would be taking his own life the moment he stepped onto that roof. If he could not watch over Sherlock and John himself, he would have set something up beforehand. Sherlock had to be sure. He risked his own life, to save John’s life along with all the others. It would be stupid for him to compromise their safety after all that he had done.

He knew now, he knew he couldn’t wait any longer. He was sure that they had gone by now. No one is that loyal. Especially not to a dead man. Sherlock had taken precautions though. Taking only the back ways to get here. Making sure he stayed out of the line of vision of all cameras, as often as possible, as well as hiding his face whenever he had to walk in front of a camera. This also prevented Mycroft from finding out any time soon.

Sherlock stood in front of the door that read 221B. He pulled out a key. 221B. He put the key in and entered the building. He knew John was still here. He kept track of the mail. It was all still sent to this address. Mrs. Hudson couldn’t be keeping it all.

“Mrs. Hudson? Would you like some tea?” Sherlock hears John’s voice drift down from upstairs. Sherlock’s heart began to pound and he cursed himself inside his mind, not yet ready to reveal himself just yet. Sherlock heard footsteps from up above. John was coming down. Sherlock’s pulse quickened.

“Oh, that would be lovely dear.” Mrs. Hudson called back. More footsteps. Mrs. Hudson was coming out of her flat. They were going to meet. They were both going to see him at the same time.

John came down the stairs and stopped abruptly. Mrs. Hudson came out of her flat and stopped abruptly. Sherlock stood completely still. He didn’t know what to expect. He was completely in the dark. How would they react to him being alive?

“Sher-Sherlock!?” John’s voice cracked, “Sherlock…?”

“Oh, my… I can’t take this…” Mrs. Hudson whispered before retreating back into her flat.

John came all the way down the stairs and marched right up to Sherlock. His eyes were filled to the brim with so many emotions. Pain, anger, confusion, relief, and sheer happiness.

“You… were dead! I watched you jump! I saw you die… I checked your pulse!” John screamed.

Sherlock stood silent for a moment before saying, “I’m sorry, John.”

“Sorry!? I thought you were dead! FOR TWO WHOLE YEARS!” John brought up his fist and punched Sherlock in the face. Sherlock noted where John had punched him. It was the same place where he punched him when they needed to gain entrance to Irene Adler’s home. So he does still care.

Sherlock stumbled back falling against the door in which he had come. He felt his face gingerly. This one hurt a lot more than the last one though. Sherlock looked up at John cautiously. He still wasn’t entirely sure how he was being received.

“John, I-” Sherlock’s sentence was cut short by John’s lips on his. John crushed his lips onto Sherlock’s, as if he was only a ghost and this was the only way to prove he was actually real. That the face he punched was indeed Sherlock’s face.

Sherlock stood paralyzed by shock for a moment before grabbing John and pulling him as close as humanly possible to him. He kissed John back passionately, so thankful that John didn’t hate him, as Sherlock had thought he might.

“If you ever-!” John’s voice cracked again.

Sherlock smiled, “Let’s go home, John. I’ve missed it so much. I’ve missed you even more. I will explain everything, but only under one condition.”

“What’s that?” John demanded.

“Kiss me one more time. You have no idea how good it feels.” Sherlock smirked.

“That is one condition, I can gladly agree to.” John remarked before crashing his lips back onto Sherlock’s.

Just a little something I came up with. I hope you guys enjoyed it!

You just read 745 words.

-JustTheGirlWhoWrites