Chapter 1

2 years since the apocalypse.

"Follow close behind me" Taylor ordered while tying her hair back. She adjusts the S.W.A.T armor on that was surround every inch of her body. She lent her hand to the people laying on the hospital floor.

"We need to go who knows how many goat- sorry I mean infected, I call them goats because they eat any and everything". Taylor chuckled at her self while no one among her so as cracked a smile. "I see, not the time" she shrugged and smoothed down her dark brown hair she cleared her dry throat "Right then, Lets go".

She motioned to the Man, Woman, and kid to follow as she walked down the once white steps now had plants slowly growing their way up. Taylor kicked another door open thinking afterwards it was a terrible idea as it slammed into the wall echoing down the dark hall ways with the occasional flickering of light. 

As the small group crept down the hallway Taylor would look into every doorway for noway any infected could surprise them. Stepping over abandoned wheel chairs and some bodies that had been there long enough to have plants growing on them. Taylor gripped tighter to her Machete glancing left to right and having to reach inside her helmet to wipe sweat from the visor.

"Here" Taylor pushed the front door open revealing her car, A dodge challenger from around the 70's, "get in" she called to the family behind her as she went for a infected. The rotter was bent over some bloody thing that was no long recognizable "Yo!" she called. The thing snapped it's head in her direction growling. Taylor didn't waste time and stuck the machete in it's half skull half rotting skin head and it fell limp and her boots. She got ready to start back to the car when another body collided with her. 

She was knocked flat onto her back and her helmet skidded away then a sudden weight appeared on her chest. She opened her eyes to see teeth snapping at her and she grabbed onto the shoulders and push back. With a sickening sound her fingers slid deeper into its rotting skin. grunting Taylor pushed with every ounce of strength pushing the snapping thing to the street. quickly she got back on her feet glancing around quickly and her heart sunk when she saw more that 5 dozen infected all pushing through the ally way.

Taylor cursed under her breath as she dodged her recent attacker and ran towards the car quickly climbing in seeing the family in the back seat. "Hold on" Taylor turned the key and the engine roared to life and she pushed the petal to the floor and the wheels spun then found their grip lurching the car forward.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"And that's how we got here" Taylor informed the guard of the walled up neighborhood "so.....Can we come in?". "I guess" the man stepped back as they walked into the very kept street compared to the outside. Taylor handed the family to someone to show them around and get them situated.

Taylor stepped out of the shower and took a quick look at her self in the mirror, Her dark brownish black hair, Her red irises. She was what people call a mutant it was when the military had a last stand and set of bombs off everywhere and very little people got out of that alive the ones who did had. changed. Like Taylor, she had been effected by it and something had changed in her DNA and she had more strength than a normal person. Some say maybe it's what the government was trying to do, build an army of super humans to save the world. but those are just rumors.

Every night Taylor would toss and turn during the night trying to somehow put everything she has ever witnessed to rest. But the screams of the dead drove her far away from any sleep, Knowing that anyone she got close to was killed by the things outside the walls. Every night those....Those things would roam and moan feeling no remorse for the people that fell victim to their never ending appetite.

Maybe 3 hours was the most sleep she could get before she would get out of the house and walk down to the auto shop the town had just a block away from her home. Then she would work on cars until her somewhat of a friend Sam would walking with her bowl of cereal and chat with her.

"Sam, I'm fine" Taylor argued through her teeth as she held a ratchet in her mouth as she was beneath the car. "Mhm" Sam crossed her arms "You know you are a stubborn ass" this caused a chuckle from Taylor as she slid out from under the car showing her oil covered face and hands. 

"You know I didn't come here to pester you today, I need a favor" Sam admitted looking down as Taylor climbed to her feet "What's up?" Taylor said now looking worried as Sam replied "Well.....".