Alice

It was the middle of the night when Alice heard a scratching sound at her window. Startled, Alice sat up in her bed and contemplated wheither she should get up and see what the noise was, or just ignore it and see if it goes away.

Suddenly she felt her skin crawl as the scratching slowly turned to beating against the window. Paralyzed and unable to move, the frantic beating of the window grew louder and louder, causing her to cower and take shelter under her covers.

"Let me in! Let me in!" The man behind the windo screamed, straining each sylable, repeating the word over and over again, begging for entrance.

While Alice got lost in her thoughts about her soon to be death, the glass to her bedroom window shatters as the man falls in. I'm going to die, Alice thought as she gripped hr blanket, willing to protect her.

Startled by the whimpering coming from her bedroom floor, she looks out to see a man lying on the glass. Her carpet was stained and so was the glass. The dying man staggered to his feet as Alice let out a blood curtling scream.

The man seemed pained as he let out his dying word to the bewildered blonde. Run, was all he said.

Frightened by this chilling message and adrenaline running threw her veins, she bolts out of her house, into the street, and to a nearby police station to escape the madness.

                                                       ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

By the time Alice got to the station she was a mess. She wasnt used to being athletic, so that really tired her out. Her blonde hair was falling out of her braid, her face was puffy and her eyes were bloodshot from crying, and her pajamas were covered in mud and tears.

She walked up to the receptionist desk and tried to be calm.  "Please,please hepl me." she breathed out. The receptionist just stared at her, then nodded.

"I'll call Officer James, he's the only one here right now." he said picking up the phone and phoning in his desk.

Not a minute later after the call, Officer James appeared. A tall man, who looked to be in his early thirties. He looked like someone you tried to be on his good side. "Hello miss...?" he spoke, sending chills up Alice's spine.

"Reed. Alice Reed." she spoke timidly. She didn't know why, but she was afraid. Afraid of him.

"this way." he sadi, gestering her to follow. She did and after what felt like ages of a creepy silence they reached his office. "So Miss.Reed, what seems to be the problem?" he asked, taking in the view of the broken blonde in front of him. He wondered slightly if she had been there. But of course she coulnd't have, its just a mere coincidence she is here, Officer James thought.

Alice was breaking slowly inside. How do you explain that someone died before your eyes?

"Look everything-"

"No! Some man died in my house telling me to run, but before that he furously beat my window! I was so terrified! I just want to go home, but i can't and I'm scared to go back! she sobbed. "I've never been so scared in my life."

Officer James cringed at her loud sobs. Great he thought, Now I have to check her adress. "What's your adress?" he asked, his voice laced with panic. Alice didn't notice as she continued to sob.

"1920 Meadow Drive," Alice choked out. Complete and utter horrer set in Officer James. That was the girls house! I thought no one lived there, he thought as the blonde went into hysterics.

Just then the receptionsit walked in. "James, I'm going home. Gotta get to the wife and kids!" he laughed, leaving the two of them alone in the room again. A hiddeous plan started to form in James' mind.

"Alice, I'm so sorry for your loss," he said calmly.

"What loss?" she said wiping her tears.

"Alice, there are just some things innocent people shouldn't see, it could get them in trouble." he said starting to scare Alice. "You're a witness Alice, and I can't allow  you to ne here. So with a heavy heart, I say I'm sorry for the loss of your life." he said lnging towards Alice grabbing her by the hair.

Alice had to pull herself together. What do you do when you are going to get hurt? she thought. She proceded to scream. "Help!!"

"Shut up!" yelled Officer James as he used the advantage and smashed her head against the wall. The color drew from her face as Officer James pulled his gun out and placed it against her forehead.

"Please," Alice pleaded. "I didn't do anything." he forced the gun harder against her head.

"I can't have witnesses..." he whispered into Alice's ear.

She gulped prepeared for what would happen, her vision started to blur, then everything went black.

"Good ridiance." he said to himself as he started to clean the mess. "No one must know..."