Nicole #1

It felt weird at first.

As if you were floating but standing still at the same time.

It took me a while to get used to this. And the whole I-am-currently-not-breathing kinda thing.

So here it is, the pros and cons of the situation:

Pros: I get fly. Yeah man, flying. And read people's mind. How cool is that? And, I can go anywhere. Just close my eyes and think about the place and boom, I'm right there. No more late classes. 10/10 for me.

Cons: I'm dead. Like, really dead. I'm not breathing, I'm floating, no one can see me, I can't see myself in the mirror anymore but I'm sure I looked like hell. And since I'm dead, I don't have to go to school anymore, which first sounds joyful, but then again, I work my ass off to get into medical school, so yeah, damn.

Anyway, I know you guys have many many questions. Did it hurts? The dying part? Technically, I don't know. My memories in that day has almost completely faded away. And not just that day. I can't remember almost anything about my last year as a living human being. If this can somehow be transform into a movie, I would say my flashbacks would be all in smoke. And cold. I don't know why, maybe I lived somewhere cold the whole time?

Hey hey, but I did say "almost". That's right, I do remember one thing. I remember running like hell. Just for you know, I was an active person. I ran almost every day, I was in the school's swimming club, I had a healthy lifestyle back then. But I remember from the memory that I was huffing and crying. I was very tired, my head kept spinning around and I couldn't see clear. It was raining. The smell of dirt filled my nose, leaves cut my skin and someone was after me. Suddenly there was a light ahead of me. Something was moving. A car. "I can do this", I told myself, and ran toward the car.

"CRACK"

"CRASH"

There was screaming. The only thing I remembered was a face. The boy in the driving seat. It was filled with surprise and horror. And sadness. Like he knew me. Do I know him? I don't know. But I would have remembered such a pretty boy. Damn, why did we met in such a weird situation? I would totally buy him a drink if we met in a normal coffee shop in a normal sunny afternoon. Not in a rain where he's sitting comfortably with his friends in a fancy car and I'm here all wet and all I see is light and there's blood everywhere.

But yeah that's all I can remember. Pretty terrifying huh?

But when I opened my eyes, I'm not lying on bed and there isn't some handsome doctors come and tell me someone found me in the woods and I'm badly injured but it's okay now. Instead, I'm floating and no one can see me. So yeah I fucked up this time.

When I finally got my head around the idea that I had, technically, died, I stared wondering. Hey pretty boy, how does it feel like, hitting someone with your car and they died and all you could do was staying in that stupid car and staring out as if you looked closely enough, that person, who is now me, can come back to life.

And I, do as I've been taught for many years through horror movies, started my revenge on him.

But first, I had to do something.

I thought of my home, and "boop", I'm at home. But this is not what I've expected. There's no funeral, but the atmosphere is bad. Everything is sad, Tom and Louis looked like they have aged 10 more years. I looked at the calendar. It's August 2016. I remember the Christmas in 2014, everyone was still happy. Tom even bought Louis and new pair of earrings and for me, the album "Ghost stories" of Coldplay, my favorite band. I'd been giving him hints every time I had the chance, mentioned it in dinner, play Coldplay's on the car, singing Coldplay's in the shower.