Chapter 1

His hands are freezing, and his eyes aren't any warmer. I chase after him, as crazy as it sounds, trying to get a shot of his face with my camera. I feel chills run down my spine as I start to see a trail of blood on the white winter snow, and I slowly follow it, taking pictures with my camera. I eventually come across the end of the trail, leading me to an old shack-looking house. It wasn't far from the city, but definitely some time away from it. I hesitate, but open the door and shut it behind me quietly. It's dark, so I turn my night vision on, looking around through the small screen, using it as if it were my eyes.

A small mouse runs by my feet, causing me to jump. I take a deep breath, reassuring myself as I continue to walk down a hall way and towards the nearest room. I usually never go as far as to chase them into their homes or hiding spots, but this one's different. I feel a rush over me, tonight, an unknown one, and it give me chills.

I step on broken glass, and I mentally curse, scaring myself.

"Who's there?"

A voice says, about a room or two away from me. I place a hand over my mouth,in shock. I quickly open a closet door I see out of the corner of my eye, and hide, closing the door shut.

"I know you're in here. Show yourself. Now."

The demanding sound in his voice was something I wasn't used to, and I wasn't sure if I liked it or not. I try to stay calm, and tell myself I'll find a way out of this, but I started to doubt that very fast, as I heard a gun being loaded, and footsteps getting closer.

"If you don't come out on the count of three, you won't live to see the sunrise tomorrow."

A shiver ran through my body, as my bottom lip trembles in fear and shock. Should I come out, and surrender? Should I try and fight?

"One."

Shit, shit, shit!  

"Two."

I open the door quickly without thinking. His flash light quickly turns towards my face, practically blinding me. My eyes eventually adapt to the light, a hand going over my eyes. I squint and look ahead, seeing him. He looked...completely normal. All except his face, he had two long scars across each of  his cheeks, in form of a smile. I gasp, wondering how they got there, but not daring to ask. I was dealing with a psychopathic criminal, anything could trigger him, I was well aware of that. I studied people like him for years. 

"Who are you, and why are you here?"

"u-um, this seems to be a huge misunderstanding you see-"

"Why do you have a camera-is that thing recording?!"

I shake my head, quickly shutting it off.

"I'm only asking you this one more time. Who are you, and what are you doing here?" He demanded an answer.

"I-I'm a reporter, well..for my blog..I-I study criminals and what t-they do." I stuttered.

He held onto his left arm tightly, and I could see a dark liquid dripping down onto the rotted out wood.

"You wouldn't know how to fix a bullet wound, would you?" 

I shake my head, eyes widen. I know nothing about cleaning any wounds, at all. 

"Well, you're about to learn how, follow me." 

He walked off into another room, expecting me to follow. I stand still in my tracks, shocked and confused as to why he hasn't killed me yet. 

"Coming?"

His voice can be heard through the abandon house, deep and playful.

I quietly walk towards the other room, not liking where this is going. I always avoided blood or gore, I never wanted to know if I could handle it or not. I guess I'll find out now.