He didn't know that

-Please, let me take just one! Just one. I swear you look... fine.- he said. He was about to say "beautiful, perfect". But he didin´t, he almost choked with the words, the words got stucked in his esophagus.

He, so sure of himself, was smiling, showing his not-so-straight teeth. But she (the girl  standing in front of him, with her hands pressed all over her face, trying to hide her bright red cheeks) didn´t mind about his teeth, she minded about the reason he was smiling; but he didn´t know that.

-Please don´t!- she was almost screaming, but still, laughing.- I don´t like photographs!

In that moment, the camera sounded with a click and the photograph was taken.

-I hate you!- she yelled at him, punching him softly in the arm. She did it to cover up how much she... loved him? But he didn´t know that.

-The photograph´s perfect- he said. He was going to give it a try. He was hoping that she would ask why. But she didn´t.

-No, it´s not!- she said, embarrased of herself. Embarrased? But why? She didn´t know: was it because of the photograph? or was it because she was vulnerable whenever he was near her?

-Yes, it is!- he finally said, and in silence, he made up his mind: he was going to say it. She was about to say something, but he didn´t care, he talked:- No, listen. This picture...- he said waving his camera as if it was precious for him.- Is the most perfect picture in the whole world.

The girl, curious, and yes, a little confused, all of a sudden erased her smile from her face. And so did him. She asked: "Why?" and she didn´t realized she said it out loud until she heard his response. "Am I really hoping for him to say something cheesy and beautiful to me?" She asked herself. Deep in the back of her mind, she knew the answer: Yes she was.

-Because...- he stopped, his voice shaking, looking for the right words.- come on!- a nervous laughter came out from his mouth.- it is you in the photo!- there it was. He finally said it out loud.- and  there´s no one more perfect to take a photograph to.

A giggle came out from the girl´s  mouth. She blushed even more.

-You´re not...- she didn´t know how to finish the sentence.

-I´m not kidding.- "does she really think I´m kidding? How on Earth could I be kidding?", he thought.

Nervous, he tried to take another photograph. He took the girl´s chin and lifted it up.

The sun was shinning so bright that the girl had to close her eyes. She was uncomfortable, but she didn´t move: she was waiting for something.

-Don´t move.- he said and she laughed.

-I can´t...- she replied. He was still holding her chin. He laughed and took his hand off her chin.

She didn't move. She was still waiting for something. All those feelings growing inside of her... But he didn't know that.

He, admiring her profile in the sunlight, approached to her and pressed his lips against hers, slowly at first and then... fierceless.

There it was, all that she was waiting for, and all that he ever desired: loving and being loved in return; he could tell by the way she kissed him back that it was all true.

They loved, they were enjoying the moment. She was sick, she was in danger, her heart wasn't in good shape; She... she was going to die. but he didn't know that. And he would never know.