Just A Kiss Goodnight

The day the laid eyes on each other it was as if it was love at first sight; they saw each other from across the room, she stood at the bar nursing a drink as a friend talked to her; her eyes met his as he watched her take sip after sip of her white wine. She watched him tell the gentleman he was standing with he would be back and to be excused. Smiling she hung her head and moved blonde hair behind her ear, seeing him move through the crowded room had her nervous; butterflies dancing in her stomach. Her thoughts, were going crazy, "was he coming to talk to her?" or, "was he coming for a drink?" Many scenarios went through her mind as she finished her drink and sat the empty glass down on the bar behind her.

Turning around, she asked the bartender for another before she heard his voice; it was deep and rich and she couldn't stop smiling as she listened to him order himself a drink. Her friend was looking at him as he stared at the blonde next to him. It was then she heard him say 'Hello' that had her turning to look over at him.

"Hello." She replied. Her cockney accent soft as she held out her hand for him to take. When he took her hand she looked down and smiled.

"How are you?"

"I'm great. Yourself?"

"Just fine. You look familiar?" He said as he sat down on a barstool. Following his movements, she let go of his hand and sat down as well.

"I do?" She replied. "I guess I just have one of those familiar faces."

He let out a small laugh. "That so?" He asked, though leaving the question hanging in the air. "I've never seen you at one of my charity events before."

She looked shocked to find out she was talking to the guy who started this amazing charity. "A friend told me about it and I had to come and see it for myself. It's amazing at what you've done."

"Thank you." He replied. "What is it you do?"

"I'm a singer."

"How exciting."

"It has its moments."

That's when it clicked and his smile grew. "So that's how I've recognized you."

"What do you mean?"

"I saw you on the telly a few months back."

"I see. Did you like it?"

"I did." He replied

"Do tell me, what made you want to start something like this?"

"I traveled to Africa and noticed that the limited water sources they have has them drinking dirty contaminated water; so a friend and I decided to start a business to build fresh water sources for third world countries."

While he explained what he did for a living she looked at him with amazement and rested her elbow on the bar and propped her head up with the palm of her hand. "That sounds so fascinating."

"Happy to see you are interested in what I do." Catching a glimpse of someone trying to get his attention he looked over and motioned for the other man to give him a moment.

"I'm afraid I'm being called away." He mention as he stood up.

"Oh." She said looking in the direction he pointed.

"I didn't catch your name?" Though he already knew it.

"Adele." She smiled

"Simon." He took her hand and brought it to his lips. "Enjoy yourself, Adele."

"I will."

Simon excused himself and headed in the direction his business partner stood. Adele watched on and the smile she had on her face never left as she watched him walk away and occasionally look back and smile at her. She knew right then when her heart fluttered when he placed a kiss to the back of her hand she had to talk to him again sometime that evening.