Dear Faith - Chapter 1

"Faith! Faith!" My mother shouted from the kitchen.

"Yes, mom?" I answered her.

"Remember? You need to take out the trash! It's part of your chores!" My mother handed me the plastic bag that smelt like expired food and bacteria.

"Sorry!" I ran outside and put the disgusting plastic bag in the metal bin. I went back inside the house and walked upstairs to my room.

I looked at my messy, unorganised desk and a piece of creamy, yellow paper.

"Oh no! My project!" I screamed loudly and I started throwing all of my clutter on the ground. "I need to get started on it!" I had just realised, my project was due tomorrow. It was 3 pm in Brisbane, Australia.

"I thought Sundays were calming!" I raged.

For hours and hours, I worked on my project until it was time for dinner.

"Faith, dinner is ready." My elder sister said as she entered the room.

"Dinner? It's only 4!" I exclaimed and looked at the clock.

"It's 6, and we're waiting for you." She said as she went downstair to the dining table.

I put everything down and I went down to eat dinner.

"You look pale darling. You sick?" My mother asked me and she looked extremely worried.

"I'm fine, I'm fine." I bit my lip to try making it look red and less pale.

After dinner, I went upstairs to my bedroom to check on my work. I had made lots of progress, except it looked messy, careless and untidy. I flopped on my bed and sighed.

I had just turned 13 two days ago, and I thought on that very birthday I had bad luck. Was it bad luck? Or was it just only going to be today. I felt stressed and tired. Just like yesterday. And Last week. And Friday. Possibly every day.