Day 1: a love scene without using "eyes" or "gaze"

It was a rather chilly day for September, giving that it was warm last week. I hugged my coat tighter, pulling at my scarf to hide my mouth and to keep it from shivering. Looking down, I didn't realize how far time has lured me into its trap. It was almost noon and I was running late, no work had been done. I was pretty sure I would get killed, or worse fired, at work. But that's not the case. I just needed to hurry and get to work, I was five minutes away. I held my clothes steadily as a light breeze came upon, making me shiver and only making me walk ten times faster.

I didn't notice how fast I was walking until I bumped hard into a wall. A wall that's built of a soft pullover black hoodie, cargo shorts and running shoes. I tumbled back, immediately blushing knowing I hate drawing attention to myself.

"I'm so sorry! I didn't see you there," he said, the mystery man. I looked up slightly, only to see his hand hovering above me. I reached for it, feeling a shock coarse through me. It felt like fireworks on the fourth of July. It felt like the countdown of the new year, anticipating the new year and the new start. It felt like the start of something I could really be excited. I was ecstatic, and I tried so hard not to show my enthusiasm. He must've felt something as well, because as soon as I got up, he wouldn't stop smiling. And all I thought was, That's a smile I could get used to waking up to.

"Thanks for helping me. I'm Jessica." I quickly regretted sounding so formal. I should just go and crawl under a hole.

"Hey, I'm Drew. Want to grab some coffee? It's rather cold so why not?" He asked with such charm that I couldn't stop smiling like a love-sick sixth grader. Shrugging and nodding, we walked towards the coffee shop. I was late but I didn't mind, my heart was racing. I looked towards him, and he held my hand, sending that same electric feel throughout my arm. I could get used to this.

----

Here is the challenge I'm doing, but tag me in your works if you're interested! 

xoxo,

JazziLovely