The Winter Pack

The small wolf ran as fast as he could through the snow. He could still still hear the growls from the wolves behind him, and knew they would catch up to him. He took a left turn into a forest thinking he might be able to lose them, but instead tripped over a large branch that had fallen from the strong winds of the blizzard the day before. His heart was racing. He turned around to see the wolves. When the three wolves finally reached the pup, they surround him so that he was trapped.

     The first wolf, had a scar over one of his eyes. He had long red fur, with pale green eyes. the second one, who had brownish red fur, had brown eyes, and the other one with grey fur and white eyes. They all looked like they haven't eaten in a week and were so skinny you could see the outline of their bones through their fur.

     The wolves slowly started to circle around the small pup. The red furred wolf, growled and said with a exausted voice, "It's dangerous being out here alone, kid. You might get hurt, or worse," he chuckled, and the other wolves did the same.

     "It was fun chasing you, but all that chasing made me hungry!," said the grey wolf, licking his lips.

     "We haven't eaten and days.. Good thing we found you!,"said the brown wolf. "Let's get him, boys!"

     They started to move closer to the pup, who was shaking from fear. Before any of the wolves could attack, a snow white wolf leaped out from behind the pup, jumping over him, and landing just in front of him.

     "You lay a single paw on him, and your going to die!" the white wolf proclaimed, with a strong voice. The grey and brown wolf took off into the forest with fear in their eyes. The red wolf backed up a little bit, but grinned. "You must be a brave wolf in order to challenge me!" he announced.

     Before the red wolf could  even react, the white wolf leaped at him and pinned him to the ground with her paws, placing them against his shoulders. She made a loud growling noise, showing him her sharp teeth, "Since I'm in a good mood, I'll let you off with a warning. Next time I see you in this forest, I'll make sure you beg for mercy!" She pushed down on her paws, digging her nails into his shoulders. "Ow! ok, ok!," he said. The white wolf stepped off of him, and he scurried off.

     The white wolf turned around and looked at the pup. She noticed he was all alone, and looked hungry and scared. She said with a very gentle voice, "what are you doing in the middle of the forest, young one. Where is your family and pack?"

     The pup looked up at her and said quietly, "I... I don't have one. My pack was attacked, and I think I was the only one who escaped. I didn't know what else to do.." The pup started to whimper loudly.

     "You shouldn't be out here alone. Follow me, and stay close. I'll decide what to do with you after we return to Winter Pack. You can call me Whitefang." The pup followed her closely, knowing that he would be safe for the time being.