Rushing in Life

Chapter 1

The wind softly blows in Trixee Millena’s thick brown hair. Leaves are falling in the ground and the birds chirped in the trees like singing gloriously for the light of the sun. She was sitting under the shade of the tree in their campus, waiting for the man who stole her heart, Rey Zagala.

Rey is a kind man, as she knows it. He is tall, dark, and handsome… just what she dreamt of having as a boyfriend since childhood. They have been together for almost a month, and today is his’ birthday. She has no gift at all but he said it will be fine.

Couple of minutes ago, she saw him walking towards her position. There was a soft music running in her head… playing magically like what she have seen in the movies.

“Hi, Trixee!” he said as he smiled.

“Hi… Rey,” she said smiling, too.

It was cold. Her hands are shoved deep inside the pockets of her black coat. He touched her cheeks softly. Trixee blushed and thought that it was romantic.

“Happy birthday,” she finally said with her eyes glistening. He smiled and touched her shoulder, “Thank you… I love you,” he said and slowly moved his lips towards hers.

It was Trixee’s first kiss.

It was a light, slow, and tender kiss. Her eyes closed automatically and felt it like it would never end. He smiled and wet his lips with his tongue. Trixee, on the other hand, bit her lower lip and felt a little shy.

She looked away but he hugged her. It felt good… really good. She was speechless. Still shocked, he whispered sweet words in her ears.

Soon, they found themselves hiding under the laboratory table. “Are you ready?” he said as the afternoon waned.

“I don’t understand what you mean?” she asked curiously.

“I thought you agreed that we’ll do it tonight?” he said.

“Did I?”

Despair ached in him. Rey stood up. “Do you love me, or don’t you?”

“Of course, I do…” she stood up and hugged him in his back. “You know, I do…”

He faced her and kissed her tenderly. They shared the night together. Trixee’s body felt his warm body for the whole night. And just as the deepening evening swallowed their surroundings, a dark figure emerged from the greater darkness of the night and walked towards the laboratory room where they are hiding at.

Trixee panicked and quickly get her clothes. It paused for a moment and she thought he heard her. He’s flashlight failed to hit their images that he didn’t saw them. The man walked away.

“Let’s go home,” she pleaded with her eyes.

“We still have to wait until 2 am. That’s the time when the guard already fell deep in his sleep,” he said.

Trixee nodded and tucked herself in his body and take a nap. But her nap became a long sleep for she was tired and her body was aching.

Hard light from the sun hit her face. Her eyes slowly opened and saw that it was already morning. Rey wasn’t there. “Why did he leave me alone?” she asked herself.

She fixed her hair and pushed herself into the broken window where they entered. She took her phone out of her pocket and saw his text message:

“Thanks for the gift. It was the best gift.”

She suddenly felt like crying. She quickly looked for him in the campus. To her surprise, she found him with another girl. He’s holding her hands while they are walking. They are both in uniform. It was Jeanne Roxas, her classmate. She’s very beautiful and every man in the campus wants her.