Do Over

The doctor came out of the room, our parents stood up. The four of us sat still in our seats I could feel us holding our breaths.

It seemed like it took years for the doctor to reach us. He went straight to our mother, put his hand on her shoulder. Looking her in the eyes we all knew what that meant, the accident had taken the life of our 15 year old sister.

Our mother fell on her knees, weeping for the lose of her baby. Our father knelt down by her and held her close.

"Would you like to see her body?" The doctor asked. Without hesitation I got up and walked over to her room window. Looking in I could see my sisters broken, messy body. I felt the tears sting my eyes.

My older brother put his hand on my shoulder, I took my younger sisters hand and squeezed it. We watched as a nurse walked into the room and pulled the white blanket over my sister's bloody face.

I turned to my brother and buired my face into his chest. We all weeped as our sister laid on the other side of the glass lifeless.

*1 year earlier*

"Mikey! Lets go it's my first day of high school, I don't want to be late." Paisley yelled from the stairs. I took my time coming down the stairs. I put my beanie on slowly to irritate my baby sister.

Wyatt came out of the kitchen with his light brown hair all messy. He looked at Paisley and shook his head.

"It's your first day of high school, its not something to get all dressed up for." He said looking her up and down. She was wearing a dress with a nice jacket and heels with knee high socks.

"If I remember correctly you and your dork friends dressed up for your first day." Paisley replied crossing her arms.

"Yeah when I was nine. Paisley you're 14 you don't need to dress up all pretty." Wyatt said resting against the couch.

"Are you saying our baby sister isn't pretty, big brother?" Reagan said coming down the stairs behind me, wearing a mini skirt and a crop top. Wyatt coughed and stared at Reagan.

"Okay, what the fuck are you wearing?" Wyatt said covering his eyes, "Paisley here's something you can learn now,don't dress like that," he pointed at Reagan, "go change!" Reagan scoffed at him and went back upstairs.

"So I'm all good, thanks bro love you too." She kissed his cheek and ran out of the room. Wyatt stared at me. I was wearing a band shirt with sweat pants.

"I'm not changing, I am comfortable and covered." I said walking passed him.

"I was gonna say you're the desent one of the three." He said smiling at me. Wyatt was wearing only pants at the moment and had his shirt in his hand. We heard someone coming down the stairs.

"So bro is it okay to be able to wear a cut off shirt and shorts to my first day?" Reed asked coming off the last step with his shirt in his hand.

"I guess that's what Nolan wore my first day." Wyatt said. I rolled my eyes at the both of them and went to the kitchen to see my parents. Mom was cooking breakfast and dad reading the morning paper, in his pajama pants. Seriously what is it with the men in this family and not wearing shirts?