Page 001. Poppies⭕️

a/n Yes, it's me, I'm back after how long? Whoops. Anyway I've pre written fifteen chapters and will try to stick to a regular updating schedule but we all saw how well that worked out with Secret. Anyways I feel like my writing has improved since I wrote my last book and I just wanted to give this a shot. Even if it's shit at least I tried.

*EDITED 29/6/2017*

~~
Sawamura Haruka calmly strolled through the empty hallways of Metropolitan Nekoma High School, knowing fully that it would make no difference if she were to run to her class. She doubted the teacher would pay any attention to her, she was invisible. Not literally, of course that was impossible, but people rarely acknowledged her presence. She didn't particularly mind, she was used to it.

The whole reason Haruka was late was because she'd forgotten her volleyball shoes at home and had to double back to grab them from the reserved shelf in her wardrobe. Her jade eyes were bloodshot from pulling an all-nighter and her mouth was set in a permanent scowl, even if she wasn't angry in the slightest. Haruka's long blonde hair was knotted and tangled as it hung limply around her shoulders, swishing slightly as she made her way to classroom 1-5. To put it quite simply, she was a mess.

Her frown deepened as she realised that she'd also left her earphones back at her apartment, lying on the marble kitchen counter. A silent journey then.

She soon located the desired room on the first floor at the end of the long and wide corridor which was lined with students' lockers.

Haruka stood unblinkingly in front of the door, wondering whether to knock or not, tugging at the hem of her school uniform skirt which consisted of an uncomfortable blue sailor suit and shiny black dress shoes. She hated uniforms in general, they were usually uncomfortable but at least the sailor suit style made her feel like she belonged in an anime.

She would've much preferred to attend Karasuno High with her adored older brother back in Miyagi but she had been given a scholarship to Nekoma in Tokyo a few weeks after she'd graduated Junior High and in her mother's words "Its best not to waste good opportunities when they come your way,".

Haruka had to leave her home and her family to live in a small cramped apartment all alone in a strange city but the fact that she wouldn't have to confront her old teammates every day at school gave her peace of mind. That would be incredibly awkward, especially since they knew what had happened in her third and final year of Junior High.

She took a deep breath through her nose, puffing out her freckled cheeks. She could do it. It couldn't possibly be worse than her time spent in Junior High.

She threw open the sliding door and saw all eyes land on her small figure. Slightly uncomfortable, she entered the classroom and walked towards the teacher's desk which was placed in front of the chalkboard.

"Sorry I'm late." She spoke dismissively towards a startled female teacher with wide, brown doe eyes, despite not being sorry in the slightest.

The teacher grinned after composing herself. "No worries, I'm your homeroom teacher, Akiyama Kou."

"Sawamura Haruka, where should I sit Akiyama-sensei?" Haruka shifted her weight to her left foot, feeling uncomfortable and awkward withal her classmates boring into her with their eyes. She never was good in the spotlight.

"Over by the window in the back, Sawamura-san." Akiyama-sensei turned back around to face the board where she was scribbling out class rules and having the students take them down in their notebooks to be remembered.