Chapter 1

Lewis Carter, at the age of 28, married to Martha, and had a job as a humble CFO at Farthan Co., and always tended to be late, and saying he would be early the next time, by never did. He woke up morning, and at seeing that he was late once again, jumped up and as quick as he could started putting clothes on. In his haste he knocked a tie from the rack. He grabbed it and started putting it on, when he realized he didn't remember the tie. He saw it was a good looking tie, and he must have forgotten getting it. He continued on, hurting out the door with a messy briefcase, a toothbrush, a cup to spit in. Also crooked glasses, which he barely fixed to the regular position after jumping in the car.

       Upon getting there, his good friend, Michel Farthan, the CEO, greeted him.

       "Late again, aren't you Lewis!" He said cheerfully.

       "Sure am!" replied Lewis, although not quite as amused.

       "Use that extra sleep to work! You've fallen behind once again!" called Michel to the rushing CFO.

       Lewis barely thought about it as he rushed to his desk and started working on the neat, but large pile of papers on the desk.  

                                                                     ]~~~~~~~~~~~~~[

       The work day ended at Farthan Co. Lewis packed up and headed for his car. Even though he had a good day, something kept bothering Lewis. Some thoughts nagged at his, making his body shudder. He turned on the radio as he started driving home. The drive being uneventful, and the songs he had heard a lot, his brain kept annoyingly bugging him. Upon reaching his home he shook his head, clearing his brain. He grabbed his briefcase and walked in. 

       "Hey, Honey! I'm back!" He called out into the house. 

       Martha danced up to her husband, "Dear when we get that tie? To bad you hadn't found it earlier. Clean up and come to the kitchen. I have cookies!"

       Lewis pecked her on the cheek, "Best way to get back from work."

       Lewis went to their room, and reached for the tie. Something halted his hand, the unknown thought, pressing on his brain. He shook his head. He told himself it was just him becoming a paranoid old guy like normal. He took of the tie, AM drew changed shoes and pants. He quickly went to the kitchen to get some fresh cookies and cold milk.