Untitled Part 1

I have been embarrassed a good many times in my life. Sometimes it is because of my accent, my handwriting, the way I sneeze or some other moments when my face heats up and I flush. Choosing my most embarrassing moment yet was easy because still, to this day, I know I would never live this down.

I am not one to be superstitious, but that morning two years ago, something felt odd. I repeatedly told myself I was just nervous but deep down I knew that was not it. I just could not shake the feeling something bad would happen. My dad noticed my jittery behavior and smiled. I remember him saying, "Anxious, are we" and me just laughing him off. That day in school, was going to be in the annual end of school musical. I got a main part as a pitiful, lonesome child and thee best part was that I had to sing solo. The play was 'the Pied piper of Hamilton'

Soon the play started and my turn was nearing by the second. I congratulated my classmates and laughed with them but I was still nervous. My costume was a pale blue loosely fitted dress with beautiful flower embroidery. By the time it is my turn, I am a shaking ball of nerves. I stepped out and scanned the crowd for my parents. Finding them near the front of the stage, I smile and wait for the music to start. I start singing softly, the audience so quiet you could have heard a pin drop. My voice seemed sad and frightened which suited me just fine as that was exactly how I was supposed to sound.

People were smiling which meant I was putting on a good show. Nearing the chorus of the song, something started to build in my chest and before I can stop myself, I start to hiccup. Everyone in the crowed starts to laugh, including my parents. I tried to stop myself from hiccupping anymore but my efforts were fruitless. The musical had to take 'short break' so I could recover from my hiccups. I redid my part and even got a standing ovation although I think it's because the audience felt guilty for laughing.

When I got home, my parents did not let me hear the end of it. They had a good laugh retelling the incident to my sisters and neighbors. They even sent the video to my relatives and friends who were not there to witness my embarrassing play. Until this day, it remains the most embarrassing day of my life.

comment and I would love to hear your most embarrassing moments.