Chapter 1 | Toni

T O N I

"Toni!"

I shifted around in my bed. Running to an alleyway, crying. Changed places. Back of a large building, at least 3 boys. Changed places. Alone with one boy in the janitor's closet, muffled. Feeling sharp pains in my lower section every time. Finally the boy, lowered his face to mine.

"TONI!"

I woke up with a jolt. Moria stood by my door, looking exasperated. "What are you doing? Sleeping around on the first day of senior high?"

She entered my room and started picking up various pieces of discarded clothing on my floor. "You're lucky you're already showered and dressed. She picked out a white shirt with paint designs and tossed it at me. "Change your shirt. I won't allow you going to school with a full black outfit. And put on your shoes too." Throwing me my floral midnight blue Vans.

I rolled out of the way to dodge it and sure enough, I dodged it but I moved to the wrong side of the bed and ended up with my ass pretty painful.

"C'mon, I'll help you fix up your stuff." She started making my bed while I shoved my school stuff into my bag. "Hey, I was wondering, you and Lorainne found me when I was what age exactly?" I asked softly, fixing my vanity desk.

Moria placed the blankets on top of the pillows. "And, may I ask why you're asking me that?" I opened my mouth to answer when Kia ran into my room. "What's taking you so long? It's my first day in middle school and I don't want to muck it up by being late!" She exclaimed.

Moria went over and patted her head. "Yes, love, I know you wouldn't want to, as you say, muck up your first day. C'mon, let's go down. Toni, come down as well. Lorry's waiting." And then she left the room.

I picked up my wallet and phone and swung my backpack over my shoulder. I glanced at the picture on my vanity desk. The only memory I know of my mother.

I stroked the glass gently before leaving the room as well. 

°°°

I sat beside Lorry inside the van. She pulled out her earphones and noticed me scowling. "Hey sunshine, what made you wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning?"  She greeted me brightly. "What's up with your  outfit?" I slouched down beside her. She glanced at her black hoodie, jeans, sneakers and gray shirt. "Why? Oh, Moria didn't let you wear all black again?" I rolled my eyes.

"Solve the case, Sherlock."

She grinned. "So, tell me why you're going to my school again?" I opened my backpack. "Well, you know about my, um, no-no right?" She laughed, "No-no? Oh gods, you're hilarious. But yeah." I slapped the back of her head.

"Shut up, bonehead. Well, this girl managed to trick me into going into a party. 20 minutes in, a guy started harassing me and started trying to make out with me. My phobia kicked him and so did my knee with his balls. After that, I found out that he was related to the secretary of the principal and well, he had me expelled. Not that I'm complaining."

I got my class schedule out of my bag. "That guy was a douche and so was the school.  Their acads weren't that great anyways. Downside is, I have to leave Carmen and Crista." I nodded to the twins two rows away.

"So, I'm wondering, do you have any boy friends?" Lorry's head snapped up to look at me so quickly I thought I heard her neck bones snap. She looked at me peculiarly. My cheeks heated up as I thought about what I saifd. "Toni—" "I didn't mean that! I meant boys that are friends! Besides, you know about my you-know-what!" I whispered the last part ferociously.