Bucky ~ Treat you Better (Pt. 1)

Hey guys! This chapter is another one-shot for everyone's favourite soldier with memory issues.
This also brings up the conversation of one-shot requests!

Remember that you can request one-shots for your favourite characters too! Go to my requests chapter a few parts back (ok more than a few) called 'Authors note 3 (Requests) (Edited)' for more info!

But for now, enjoy this part! Much love,
~Stéph❤️Redangel259~
_______________________

Treating you Better
(Bucky's POV)
I watched (Y/N) as she ran her fingers through her hair, I couldn't keep my eyes off of her. She turned her gaze in my direction and waved. I almost waved back, before I realized that she wasn't waving at me. I looked to my right to see Steve walking in her direction. He went up to her and planted a kiss on her forehead, fuelling to my jealousy. I know it's wrong, but I can't help it. I'm in love with my best friends girlfriend.

Usually it was the other way around, before Steve had his enhancement. He got the looks and the admirers, while I lost my memories and my arm. But (Y/N) was different from all of the girls who Steve had attracted, she cared about him as a person rather than his looks. I guess that was the reason why Steve had kept her, and the reason why I can't stop thinking about her. Of course there are so many other things that I love about her. I love the way that she laughs at her own jokes, or when she can tell anybody off with just one look. (Y/N) is always the person that everyone can talk to. She makes everyone happy. But the problem is, is that she isn't happy.

I've noticed all of the times when she was hurt because of something stupid that Steve says. He'll make tiny remarks about her weight, or try to change her mind whenever she's ordering something at a restaurant. He doesn't do it out of rudeness I'm sure, he only says it because he wants her to stay healthy. He likes talks about the past, bringing up awkward conversations about how much he loved Peggy. Since he's always busy with his work, he never realizes how much his words affect her. The compliments that he gives her are sometimes backhanded, and he compares her to other people. He doesn't mean to hurt her on purpose, it just comes out that way.

Although, you can tell how much Steve really loves her. His eyes light up whenever (Y/N) walks into a room. She makes him a better person, but not entirely. She takes his critiques really hard. Sometimes, I see (Y/N) crying in front of the mirror, wanting to change who she is for him. But she shouldn't have to change for him, she shouldn't change for anyone. I could never treat her like that, she is beautiful the way she is. If only she could see that.

My thoughts were interrupted as Steve began talking to (Y/N). "Hey (Y/N), I've got to go on a mission with Sharon soon, so I can't stay very long." He said as (Y/N) put her cup of extra chocolatey hot chocolate down.
"Okay, be safe out there. Love ya," (Y/N) smiled, making the room appear lighter. "Tell Sharon I said hi!" She told Steve as he gave her a smile and one more peck on the forehead.
"I will. Oh and (Y/N), lay off the hot chocolate ok? Don't want to start up any bad habits again. Love ya (Y/N), bye," Steve made his way out the door, nodding at me as he walked past. I glared at him under my hair with sharp eyes, he didn't realize how badly his little comments affected (Y/N). I looked back to her as the smile she once had on her face, turned into a frown of discomfort. She cautiously poured the rest of her hot chocolate down the sink and started walking over to her room.

I followed after her silently, watching her as she pulled out a weight scale from underneath her bed. A tear slowly crawled down her cheek as she stepped off and shoved the machine back in its place. I stepped forward, not noticing how close my foot was to the door. (Y/N) jumped slightly as the door creaked from my movement. "Bucky!" She said clutching her hand to her chest, "You scared me!" She put on a fake smile and turned away, quickly wiping her tears.
I slowly walked towards her, and did the first thing that came to my mind.

(Y/N) was shocked to see both of my arms around her, but slowly gave into my embrace. She started weeping softly into my shoulder, as I held her closer.  "I don't know what to do Buck. He expects all these things from me, when I'm just a normal human being! I don't have a special serum that keeps me strong, and I'm not a highly trained agent like Peggy was. I'll never be good enough for him." (Y/N) whimpered as I moved hair away from her face.
"No (Y/N), he'll never be good enough for you. You deserve better than him (Y/N), he doesn't make you happy." I blurted out. (Y/N) looked at me surprised, and started shaking her head.

"What do you mean? I am happy." She protested wearily as she thought about the words that I had said. I took a deep breath, mustering up courage as I let out something that I'd always wanted to say.

"I love you (Y/N). I know it's wrong, but I can't just stand here and watch him treat you like this. Let me treat you better. You'll never have to change for me, you're already perfect the way you are. Please (Y/N), I can't see you cry another night. Not alone."

(Y/N) looked as if she had been shot in the chest. She looked up at me with wide eyes and stayed silent. Suddenly, she crashed forward and planted a kiss on my lips. I was completely lost in the moment. Her hands went up to my hair, pulling me closer into the kiss. I have to say, Steve was a lucky man. I placed my metal arm along her back, and used my other hand to cup the side of her face.We stayed there for a while, before we broke for air
"This is wrong."She said quickly, breaking out gently from my arms. Damn it, at least I know she's loyal. I thought to myself.

I nodded, respecting her decision to stop. As I caught my breath, I glanced over towards the doorway. There, I saw an angry looking Steve from the corner of my eye. His jaw clenched and his face went pale. I heard (Y/N) gasp as Steve walked closer towards me.

I had planned this whole situation a lot better in my head.

___________________
To be continued.... >:)

What a smol bean -----^