1 shots here (1D, Hijack, Larry, and other 1D ro/bromances)

"Thank you," Liam said, his voice pained, "for everything you have done for us." Niall nodded and stared into the audience, tears stinging the corners of his eyes, "For being here while we do what we love. Thank you for staying through the tough times and loving us with all your heart." "We love you." Harry continued, the spotlight hitting his face perfectly as he admitted to the thousands of fans before him. "You guys made our journey amayzayn and something we'll never forget." He tried at a smile, but it came out broken as he told his last cheesy joke. All the boys nodded, tears slowly rolling down their cheeks.

Zayn stepped forward, loosing his normally calm posture," Your all beautiful, amazing, and your our fans." The crowd fell silent as the crowd stepped to the front.

" It's so hard to leave all of you...It's so hard to end all this and leave the boys, but we have so many beautiful memories. So many perfect reminders of how perfect our lives have been. Liam married Danielle, Perrie is expecting a girl, Hazza and I found loves of our own and, lucky for you guys, Niall is a single pringle that loves food!" Lou made the crowd laugh, but he knew they were still hurting.

The boys formed a group hug, crying into each others arms as they finally realized this was their last performance as One Direction. They kissed their fingertips and raised them to the audience, waving slowly, smiling through their tears. They brought their mic's to their mouths and inhaled sharply, "Bye, we were One Direction.

The stage became completely black and a hushed silence fell over the arena, loud sobs being heard occasionally. The screen above the stage lit up.

" I'm Harry Styles"

" I'm Liam Payne"

" I'm Zayn Malik"

" I'm Louis Tomlinson"

" I'm Niall Horan"

As their X-Factor performances flashed on the screen, the boys stood off stage, staring sadly at the screen before them. The clips slowly faded to darkness again and the boys turned to each other, a silence falling over the room. They stood, staring, one memorizing another's face, but knowing they wouldn't fade any slower. They stayed that way long after the sobs slowly filed out of the arena one by one.

"So this is it?" Niall whispered, his voice cracking. Harry nodded, quickly wiping away a tear. They hugged for what seemed like forever, unable to let each other go before Harry pulled away, adjusted his curls, and walked to the door. Harry only once looked back at his 4 best friends, his 4 brothers, and then walked away, his heart instantly turning to ice as he walked through the doorway and outside only to see a gray snow falling.

Niall sighed and he, too, pulled away. The doorway had the same effect on him as it did Harry. His face hardened to that of a broken person, and he stepped into the grayness.

Liam followed a few minutes later, and with each crunch of gray beneath is old, old boots, his heart grew as gray as the snow. When he slid into the driver seat of his car, his heart fell to the ground, and was smashed into a thousand pieces.

Zayn was the fourth to go. He followed in the footsteps of his friends and went through the doorway of ice and into the gray weather. Once the door shut behind him, he paused and fell to his knees, letting go the soft sobs he had held in and letting his heart fall with him. As he stood, his sobs loudened and his shudders grew more violent. He drove home and sat in the driveway, letting the air grow colder and letting it puncture his heart with it's icy knives.

Louis had been the one to cry the least. He went back onto the stage and looked at the empty arena. He climbed off the stage and went between the empty rows, imagining them full of fans. It was strange, seeing them close up, seeing the fans and their ever-so-different expressions. It lifted his heart a little. He looked to the back- most rows, smiling at all of the fans. Lou could almost hear the boys singing, so he looked to the stage only to find it dark. His smile dropped as did his heart. He looked around realizing the fans were his imagination. There were no more fans to see or songs to sing. There were no more interviews and there were no longer any of his boys by his side.

Louis climbed onto the dark stage. One last performance, he thought. He picked up the mic and held it to his mouth, but he had to push the words out.

"Forever young," He sang quietly, his voice cracking many times. " I wanna be ......" he sobbed. He fell to his knees then pulled them up to his chest. Lou dropped the mic and covered his face with his hands. His tears fell all to quickly as he whispered to himself repeatedly, " I wanna be..."

                                                                         "Forever Young..."

AN: sorry I tore your heart out of your chest, threw it to the floor and stomped in it.- A